• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Reporter: Pop, how do you assess LaMarcus' game tonight?

Pop: The ball went in the basket a lot.

The thing I find remarkable about both Westbrook and Durant is that they don't really learn from their mistakes. For elite players, they both seem to have go at the game with a you-can't-stop-me approach, and then when they are stopped, or frustrated - their response is I missed my shots.

Neither have ever played for what is considered a very good defensive team even though they play with Ibaka and Adams who are both good to very good defenders. When they lost to Dallas, they disrepected Dallas and said it was because they missed their shots and Dallas played "junk defenses." No, Kevin, you took awful shots over and over again. That is why you lost.

They will never win a championship together because they foment that you-can't-stop-us attitude within each other and each year, they get stopped - without the necessary learning curve.

They'll win a game or two this series no doubt, but they won't beat the Spurs because they can't adjust enough. Durant played a lot of ole defense tonight, the opening basket was just horrific d collectively, but you go to at least bump or move the guy going through the lane if you expect help D. Durant will make a nice Wizard next year.

It's very enjoyable watching the ESPN hype machine try and compare GS' (even w/o curry) lead over Portland to the Spurs demolition of a top NBA team.

Spurs and Dubs is going to be one helluva series

the heat are so inconsistent but I am glad they pulled it out. One more round!

I'm not sure if I want the Ptors or the Pacers to win though.

It's very enjoyable watching the ESPN hype machine try and compare GS' (even w/o curry) lead over Portland to the Spurs demolition of a top NBA team.

A healthy Warriors team outclasses a healthy Spurs team. However, the Spurs are the only team in the West that I think the Warriors can't beat in a seven game series without Steph.

Looks like Ewing may finally get his shot with the Kings.

Long overdue. Pat and Boogie should be interesting to follow.

Kawhi on steph will be must see TV

Kawhi on Steph will be what it is. Green on Klay and ???? on Green will be a problem. The Warriors are just flat out better than the Spurs straight up. If the Spurs bench and LMA can go bananas, there is a chance.

Looks like Ewing may finally get his shot with the Kings.

Shot is a good word. Will it be heroin or meth or snorting Prozac?

Boogie and Rondo must have an investment in a rehab center for all the coaches they ruin.

Thunder - Spurs is not going to be a great series, unfortunately. Thunder don't have enough smarts.

Over-under total second round games = 21.5

Kawhi on steph will be must see TV

I saw only one of the two games in the Orifice. In that game Steph put Kawhi on skates a couple of times. I'm not so sure Kawhi will be the primary defender.

And my hot picks for tonight: The ATL will upset the 'land in OT. SA will smoke OKC by 15 or more.

bluefish out.

Back