• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Knicks fans gonna be Knicks fans ... booing to SUPER HYPEEEEE in less than 2 months!

11952973_10100619041822428_5099837462402961690_o.jpg

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 3h3 hours ago
Ish Smith couldn't stick on 76ers roster. For a team thats supposed to be developing players, that seems like a big fail on their part

Townie can explain

my boy porzinGAWD has a mixtape 14 games into his career. dude wasn't supposed to meaningfully contribute for like 2 seasons

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 3h3 hours ago
Ish Smith couldn't stick on 76ers roster. For a team thats supposed to be developing players, that seems like a big fail on their part

pretty sure mcconnell is gonna be better

ish is a very good backup PG tho

his point was kinda dumb too on both ends

1 - that the 6ers should have developed him better (yea, the other 7 teams that cut him fucked up too, i guess)
2 - that he "couldn't stick" - he was an unrestricted free agent and could have gone anywhere he wanted so other teams bid on him before sixers had the oppo

still, this has been rehashed a lot already - i think ish is a very good backup PG and would be valuable in that role on basically every team trying to compete in the league

if he's gotta be THE guy, you're not gonna be great

as for his development, arguably the sixers were a big turning point - they showcased him more than any other team did - they gave him wayyy more minutes than most clubs were willing to

McConnell has somehow played 400 minutes and has 91 FGAs and hasn't attempted a free throw. That's kind of amazing.

Really? Haven't seen him play in the league yet, but his ceiling in college seemed low.

certainly too early to make that judgment now with any degree of certainty, but i think he's got some very good tools

the sixers backcourt this year is one of the worst professional sports combos i've ever seen - just historically bad

it's why MCW and Jrue and Ish may have seemed like fool's gold in years past and why it's hard to judge with any accuracy how good a PG is in the sixers "system"

he's not as quick as ish, but he plays within himself a lot better - think he's generally a smarter player, and he's a little bigger and stronger too (not hard)

Back