• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob 3h3 hours ago
Ish Smith couldn't stick on 76ers roster. For a team thats supposed to be developing players, that seems like a big fail on their part

Again this is the tweet. I still ask y'all, am I actually wrong? Y'all think the youngbloods would develop better with Ish than PG X from the draft? I didn't take that to be the point of the tweet in the first place but if it is, I'm still not sure I agree, and it's confusing AF.

Moar tribble kids who don't know what taking the L means. It hath already been taken. Post Hoc Ergo Proper Hoc or something.

I think all his tweet is saying that they'd be better off with Ish at 8 APG than Isiah Canaan at 1.6 APG in roughly the same minutes. Does that make it simple enough to comprehend?

if that's what he was trying to say then yes that's clear and concise

Ish is a real NBA player and is playing really well. The team functioned a lot better with him last year. Sixers could have had him for min salary this season. I think it is reasonable to question why they decided against bringing him back. Most sixers fans I know (with no WF connections) really wanted him back.

Tough to get too salty after that Deacs win but I still think y'all are overselling Ish at this point. Career sub 3 assists/ game guy and the Sixers have Wroten.

It's not surprising to me that with really high usage at NOR he's getting tons of dimes.

But I'll "take the L." I do it a lot.

Ish would be better short term for the Sixers but long term Kendall Marshall is likely a superior PG and fit, McConnell is younger, and Cannan has value as a spot minutes two guard who is wet from 3.

Also, in hindsight that MCW trade is looking great right now. Bucks fans I've talked to hate him.

Tough to get too salty after that Deacs win but I still think y'all are overselling Ish at this point. Career sub 3 assists/ game guy and the Sixers have Wroten.

It's not surprising to me that with really high usage at NOR he's getting tons of dimes.

But I'll "take the L." I do it a lot.

And doubling down with the OWG stats too. Bold. 17 PER, for Ish vs 11 (Canaan) 13 (McConnell) 12 (Marshall) 15 (Wroten). Maybe Niky shooter would be droppin buckets if he even had a league average PER givin the dishes.

Come on, towns. Career 13 MPG guy. His assists per 48 minutes put him in the top 10 last two years.

He's flawed, but let us have this one thing, dammit!

Come on, towns. Career 13 MPG guy. His assists per 48 minutes put him in the top 10 last two years.

He's flawed, but let us have this one thing, dammit!

But what are his assists per 30 minutes per game rank (the amount he's actually playing?)

Got adjusted stats, nerds?

His usage has been pretty stilted, no? A/TO #s?

I mean I watched him play like 40 times last year. I loved him so much at Wake and have enjoyed cheering for him in the NBA. I'm a new fan of the league but not of the game. Not an eye test all star. Dude gets himself in bad spots. He also is prone to ball out. I really wanted him on the SIXERS too but I am still not convinced he's the guy for this team.

Could be wrong, often am.

Back