• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

So the Dubs needed a huge comeback to beat the Sixers.

Kevin Durant is like a drug. A very addictive drug. The Warriors got hooked and now they're having withdrawal symptoms. So are Russ and the Thunder.

trgB2s6.jpg

dude klay's tripping so hard he's bringing a toaster to every signing event

What's the best ph slurps about kawhi tag we can come up with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trgB2s6.jpg

dude klay's tripping so hard he's bringing a toaster to every signing event

He is trying to talk to Obama. Also, Saric is a beast and everyone who thought Doug McDermott would be better or poo pooed the trade of Elfrid Payton for Saric and the Sixers first back should feel bad.

interesting. saw a tweet posted elsewhere. glad he's ok and my post was wrong.

Been awhile since we've had a neck to neck race for the #1 seed in the West. The Spurs have to go all out for the #1 seed. Nuggets, Jazz/Clips is a much better set up than Thunder/Grizzlies, Rockets.

So who's the MVP? Harden or Westbrook?

Kawhi ain't gonna win, Spurs donks, sorry to say

Its Westbrook, its not close. He leads the league in scoring and PER as well as doing something no one ever thought even possible.

Harden made them unexpectedly be the 3 seed in the West cause the clippers got hurt.

None of them are leading championship contenders. Davis has barely made the playoffs in his career.

I originally had Russ but took him off in favor of Steph because Steph's leap vaulted the Warriors into champions and KD's departure turned the Thunder into a low seed.

The Warriors sure don't look like championship contenders right now. So if it's not a static list then I'm not sure Steph's on it right now.

Its Westbrook, its not close. He leads the league in scoring and PER as well as doing something no one ever thought even possible.

Harden made them unexpectedly be the 3 seed in the West cause the clippers got hurt.

All the #Stats stuff is true, but I don't think there's been an MVP from a team w/o 50 wins since Moses Malone or something

Also a lot of media seem to hate Bestbrook and his stat-hunting wayz

All the #Stats stuff is true, but I don't think there's been an MVP from a team w/o 50 wins since Moses Malone or something

Also a lot of media seem to hate Bestbrook and his stat-hunting wayz

Yeah but that'll be Durant's fault, not Westbrooks.

i think the most likely case is westbrook, harden, leonard. maybe leonard jumps to 2nd with this late season push.

If the Spurs win 65 games and finish first it might be and probably should be Leonard. Russ's triple double is cool, but it's not like his advanced stats are blowing the rest of the league away. And whether it makes sense or not, best player on the best team is always a good bet.

The Warriors sure don't look like championship contenders right now. So if it's not a static list then I'm not sure Steph's on it right now.

They're in KD withdrawal.

Lebron should be the mvp every year (and I'm a Lebron hater).

They're in KD withdrawal.

Meh, if Steph's statistical decline was purely a result of integrating KD into the offense then you'd expect his level of play to jump back up a little in KD's absence. It hasn't. If KD were to be out through the second round I think it's only 50/50 whether they even make it to the WCF.

Meh, if Steph's statistical decline was purely a result of integrating KD into the offense then you'd expect his level of play to jump back up a little in KD's absence. It hasn't. If KD were to be out through the second round I think it's only 50/50 whether they even make it to the WCF.

No shit. That's the withdrawal. They got addicted to his skills and are struggling to get back to form without him.

I think the Rockets would fare well against them. Hell, I think the Thunder could give them a good run as well.

Back