• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

No shit. That's the withdrawal. They got addicted to his skills and are struggling to get back to form without him.

I think the Rockets would fare well against them. Hell, I think the Thunder could give them a good run as well.

The withdrawal can't explain all of the Warrior's or Steph's drop off from where they were pre-KD. Also it's not like they completely started from scratch when KD showed up. The integration was pretty seamless so one would expect the Warriors to pick up the slack pretty quickly, not suffer withdrawal symptoms.

The withdrawal can't explain all of the Warrior's or Steph's drop off from where they were pre-KD. Also it's not like they completely started from scratch when KD showed up. The integration was pretty seamless so one would expect the Warriors to pick up the slack pretty quickly, not suffer withdrawal symptoms.

Seamless? They lost more games by the All-Star break than they lost all last season. There was an adjustment period. They got addicted to KD and are struggling without him.

Harden is putting up sick stats and making his team a contender. He's ahead of Russ unless the Thunder make a run. Kawhi is ahead of Lebron because the Spurs are that far ahead of the Cavs.

Seamless? They lost more games by the All-Star break than they lost all last season. There was an adjustment period. They got addicted to KD and are struggling without him.

Harden is putting up sick stats and making his team a contender. He's ahead of Russ unless the Thunder make a run. Kawhi is ahead of Lebron because the Spurs are that far ahead of the Cavs.

Relative to other super teams, yes. I think a decline from last year, including a major one from Steph (hasn't been the same since the injury) that has simply been masked by KD's presence is the more likely explanation.

Lebron, Kyrie, and Love resting on ABC primetime vs Clips.

Kawhi is so good on defense it's incredible. He's dragging a mediocre Spurs team along and probably deserves more serious MVP consideration than he'll ever get.

The Sixers keep screwing up and winning. I wonder if the Suns can tank enough to catch the Lakers.

love the officials getting together to sort out how to t up draymond.

lolololol

Man tough end for the nugs...harden goes end to end and rides plumlee out on the last inbounds...whoof should have had that one

Let us revisit that MVP discussion.

Because the Beard is a comfortable favorite.

Went to the Clips/Cavs game on Saturday when the Cavs rested Lebron, Kyrie, Love, Korver... super lame

Lebron was in his warm-ups drinking a freaking coffee on the bench and almost antagonizing fans cheering for him to play

LAME!

I listened to the Simmons podcast with Ballmer. They started talking about a Seattle expansion team. If that happened, what would be the most likely city to get partnered with them coming into the league?

The only ones I could think of were Pittsburgh, Tampa, St. Louis, or Mexico City. Havana would be another interesting choice, but that is probably 10-15 years away. Not sure any of those are particularly good choices.

Are there any other ones that make sense?

I listened to the Simmons podcast with Ballmer. They started talking about a Seattle expansion team. If that happened, what would be the most likely city to get partnered with them coming into the league?

The only ones I could think of were Pittsburgh, Tampa, St. Louis, or Mexico City. Havana would be another interesting choice, but that is probably 10-15 years away. Not sure any of those are particularly good choices.

Vegas?

I know Virginia Beach / Hampton Roads would be on the radar. They were in on the Kings quite seriously when they were considering moving, they are building a new 18k arena in next few years, and I believe a study showed Hampton Roads as the #1 most under represented market in US (1.7 million people, 0 pro teams within 150-200 miles).

Back