• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

According to SportVU tracking data, KlayThompson</a> had the ball in his hands for a total of 88.4 seconds last night. To score 60 points. — Rachel Nichols (Rachel__Nichols) December 6, 2016

lol

saw a text from my friend offering free tix last night as it was tipping off. wtf.

Even Vlade and Manu were embarrassed by Marcus Smart's flop last night. The sad part is that might not even be in Smart's Top 5 biggest wuss flops.

For an allegedly big tough guy, Smart plays like a little biotch far too often.

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: klay the point-scoring narc

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kobe had the ball in his hands way more than that when he scored his 60 in April.

Last edited:
Even Vlade and Manu were embarrassed by Marcus Smart's flop last night. The sad part is that might not even be in Smart's Top 5 biggest wuss flops.

For an allegedly big tough guy, Smart plays like a little biotch far too often.
He's the worst.

If you put the rosters of the Celtics, Hornets, and Grizzlies together would that team win the West?

Not even close, you still only put 5 players on the court and those three teams have similar talent and you gain little advantage by having Kemba AND Conley AND Isaiah Thomas... Gasol and Horford and ZBo, etc. That 45 man player pool overlaps a lot.

You'd do better combining 3 shittier teams with at least one exceptional player, like the Pelicans and the Kings and the TWolves.

Not even close, you still only put 5 players on the court and those three teams have similar talent and you gain little advantage by having Kemba AND Conley AND Isaiah Thomas... Gasol and Horford and ZBo, etc. That 45 man player pool overlaps a lot.

You'd do better combining 3 shittier teams with at least one exceptional player, like the Pelicans and the Kings and the TWolves.

But that bench would kill it. I don't think they'd win the West in Durant's NBA but they'd be top 2 or 3 with the right coach.

Conley, Tony Allen, Batum, Horford, Gasol would be the bestest defensive team ever?

Conley, Thomas, Parsons, Horford Gasol being the best 5?

You still have considerable overlap between Davis, Boogie, and KAT.

Maybe TWolves, Suns, Mavs, the last place teams in the West?

You still have considerable overlap between Davis, Boogie, and KAT.

Maybe TWolves, Suns, Mavs, the last place teams in the West?

True, those were the first bad teams that came to mind with great players, tho you could play 2 of those 3 together at all times. And that'd actually be a great advantage against the Warriors.

Suns are too young, not sure the Mavs add much these days either.

Conley, Tony Allen, Batum, Horford, Gasol would be the bestest defensive team ever?

Conley, Thomas, Parsons, Horford Gasol being the best 5?

this gets to my point a bit, i don't think you can play thomas, conley or kemba at all together and they're 3 of the best players out of the whole 45 person pool.

Ish with 7 points/5 boards/10 assists/ 0 TOs, but shot 2-11 in Pistons win

The wheels have come off Atlanta and the Lakers. Atlanta has lost 4 games in the last two weeks by a combined 100+ points. Milsap missed at least two of those, but color me surprised. I was liking the look of their team with Howard and I say that not loving Howard. I just think he brings the thing Atlanta didn't have with both Horford and Milsap.

Lakers make more sense. I am not sure why, but I hate that Nick Young is still in the league. That level of nonchalance should be a ticket for CHYNA.

Scotty Brooks has not done dick in Washington and Thibs has not turned a good team into wins.

I like Utah in the playoffs. They should be scary if healthy.

Not many other surprises. The elites are Cleveland, Warriors, and the Spurs. Clippers nipping at the heels and Houston's got something something.

I do think Cleveland and the Warriors seem headed for a rematch though. Unless Aldridge can be moved in a shocking trade. I would love to see what Pop could do with boogie. Could be a trainwreck, but I would still love to see it. He's bound to have signed some sort of no trade contract though. The last franchise in the NBA I would want to play for is Sacramento. The owner sucks. Vlade is okay and the Coach is okay, but Sacramento is a miserable town in the middle of fucking nowhere. Unless you are a big fan of Donner's Pass and love mountain biking at elevation. If

I made it up

there was a dribble stat for klay yesterday, was that made up too? i was curious when i originally saw it, i guess it'd be easy to count one dude's in one game if that was how somebody got it.

Where do dribble stats come from? Is there a dude counting dribbles?

probably the same guys who say there are no such things as hot hand or momentum. Or that in baseball, there is no such thing as protection in the line-up or that RBI is not that valuable a stat or that WAR actually means something.

Back