• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Reports are out that the Knicks are trying to dump Carmelo to the Clips for a package that doesn't include CP, Griffin, or Jordan, likely two of Crawford, JJ, and Rivers. So Crawford and JJ.

Interesting. JJ is the staring SG and Crawford is his back-up. I guess Austin would start at the 2 and Alan Anderson would be his back-up? Not sold that would help the Clips, turns their problem at the 3 into a problem at the 2 and stylistically JJ works much better with the team than Melo.

I would love love love to trade Jamal and Austin for Melo

Mostly fair argument, just poorly made before this post.

It's kinda dumb to say a team with multiple top 5 picks is performing to expectations when multiple of those multiple picks aren't playing every night but whatever.

And I said he should get COY consideration if they finish like they're playing now, which puts them on pace to win 10 more games than their Vegas o/u. Wolves are a year ahead of the Sixers in their #process, but otherwise I agree.

Sure it is, especially when you draft the guys who aren't there every night. That is part of drafting well, it isn't an excuse. Bzz doesn't get an excuse because he recruited guys who then all left after spending time with him; he recruited them. Both Embiid and Noel were on the shelf when they were drafted, and the Euros weren't here. A team can't use unavailability as an excuse for not hitting expectations when they draft guys with high picks who they know will likely be unavailable. This isn't the Spurs where guys not playing is good for them because they can learn more because they wouldn't see the floor due to the players ahead of them. This is guys who could get PT but don't because they are hurt/unavailable, and losing that PT keeps setting them back.

Would the Sixers have over or under 17 wins right now if their last four lotteries were:
2013: CJ McCollum, Steven Adams
2014: Julius Randle, Zach Lavine
2015: Porzingis
2016: Simmons

They'd probably be right at or slightly above where they are now even with Simmons' unexpected injury.

oof dude, i don't know where to begin

okafor is the only legit first round miss they've had so far, and only because of fit

porzingis would have been better, for sure, and hinkie wanted him but ownership didn't

i'm trying to figure out if you #trusttheprocess or not with these posts

it'll be that much more satisfying when the sixers win a title and the hornets are still stuck at a 5 seed ceiling

Who wins more playoff series in the next 5 years - Sixers or Hornets? I'd wager on the Sixers

Would the Sixers have over or under 17 wins right now if their last four lotteries were:
2013: CJ McCollum, Steven Adams
2014: Julius Randle, Zach Lavine
2015: Porzingis
2016: Simmons

Idiot Hinkie never thought of the strategy where you don't tank but you automatically get the #1 pick anyway.

oof dude, i don't know where to begin

okafor is the only legit first round miss they've had so far, and only because of fit

porzingis would have been better, for sure, and hinkie wanted him but ownership didn't

i'm trying to figure out if you #trusttheprocess or not with these posts

it'll be that much more satisfying when the sixers win a title and the hornets are still stuck at a 5 seed ceiling

I'm saying that #theprocess isn't really any different from any other team sucking for several years in a row and getting a bunch of draft picks that they might hit or miss on, whether they are losing on purpose or not.

I'm saying that #theprocess isn't really any different from any other team sucking for several years in a row and getting a bunch of draft picks that they might hit or miss on, whether they are losing on purpose or not.

The only major difference was that he also got a bunch of other assets along the way too.

But you can expect teams to tank a hell of a lot more now with the new CBA and the Sixers to look at.

The only major difference was that he also got a bunch of other assets along the way too.

But you can expect teams to tank a hell of a lot more now with the new CBA and the Sixers to look at.

Why wouldn't they look at the Warriors who didn't tank and have actually won a lot, rather than a team that is 17-27?

Yessssssss just got invited for free to the clips/cavs in March

I assume one team will have Melo by then

Back