• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Is Joel Embiid the best center in the NBA? - https://theringer.com/joel-embiid-sixers-best-nba-centers-8e14d8e954c0#.asnxsbioa

Brett Brown deserves coach of the year attention. How he's getting this kind of performance with this lol roster is just sensational. It's early, and they could still lose out or something, but they're a few games back of a playoff spot rn.

Also, I asked it last night, but is it possible TJ McConnell is actually good?

Re: McConnell, I certainly don't watch the Sixers very much, but he got absolutely spun on D in that Brogdon dunk highlight.

#smallsamplesize

Brown had some interesting tactics last night. They were really letting greek freak shoot from midrange and beyond

Covington really sagged on him until he drove, went way under screens, etc.

McConnell is undersized and slowish, so not ever going to be a great defender, but he does get steals and has generally limited his turnovers since he became the starter.

Is Joel Embiid the best center in the NBA? - https://theringer.com/joel-embiid-sixers-best-nba-centers-8e14d8e954c0#.asnxsbioa

Brett Brown deserves coach of the year attention. How he's getting this kind of performance with this lol roster is just sensational. It's early, and they could still lose out or something, but they're a few games back of a playoff spot rn.

Also, I asked it last night, but is it possible TJ McConnell is actually good?

The roster has multiple top-5 picks. You sound like the annual Duke homers touting K's success with a "depleted" rotation of only 7 McD AAs.

The roster has multiple top-5 picks. You sound like the annual Duke homers touting K's success with a "depleted" rotation of only 7 McD AAs.

They do have three Top 5 picks...none of whom have played in the past two games and none of them are cleared to play more than 28 mpg. But why be bothered by facts?

A great move for the Cavs would be to trade for Ish. He's exactly the back-up PG they need with a second five full of shooters.

They do have three Top 5 picks...none of whom have played in the past two games and none of them are cleared to play more than 28 mpg. But why be bothered by facts?

Whose fault is that? Sounds like they should have either drafted better or be coaching better to me.

Whose fault is that? Sounds like they should have either drafted better or be coaching better to me.

Injuries that happen after the player is drafted are about coaching? Or drafting?

Remind me how many knee injuries Okafor had before being drafted? Or broken feet Simmons had before being drafted?

You can't be this crazy, can you?

he's just upset the tanking strategy is going to pay off and make the p-offs over his hornets already.

lol wait is the argument that their roster is stacked with stars that are great and that's why they're winning or that they've drafted poorly and that's why they suck?

lol wait is the argument that their roster is stacked with stars that are great and that's why they're winning or that they've drafted poorly and that's why they suck?

No, my argument is that for a team with multiple top-5 picks and a host of other first round picks, the majority of whom have been out of college for several years, a 17-27 record should not warrant COY consideration. It is pretty much right where they should be. Hence why the Twolves are 17-28 with a similar composition.

No, my argument is that for a team with multiple top-5 picks and a host of other first round picks, the majority of whom have been out of college for several years, a 17-27 record should not warrant COY consideration. It is pretty much right where they should be. Hence why the Twolves are 17-28 with a similar composition.

Mostly fair argument, just poorly made before this post.

It's kinda dumb to say a team with multiple top 5 picks is performing to expectations when multiple of those multiple picks aren't playing every night but whatever.

And I said he should get COY consideration if they finish like they're playing now, which puts them on pace to win 10 more games than their Vegas o/u. Wolves are a year ahead of the Sixers in their #process, but otherwise I agree.

Back