• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Triad Pro-Am Summer League Thread - CMM/Tree/Chase/Green Win Title

Yes, just looked up to see who started against Kansas. Thought we were discussing starting lineups.

Haley started 3 non tournament games on the year and never made more than one field goal in any start. We have a 7' backup who can chip in 1/1 a game too if we want to start him...

Skeen and Devin are extremely similar size-wise, and Skeen was their center for the vast majority of minutes, much like Devin might be for us this year.

Positions are really going to be irrelevant with this team imo. We have a ton of versatility that can play all over the court. Thomas is probably more physically mature to defend the center position than Green is at this point, but they will both be alright if they can put on 10-15 pounds a piece before the year starts.

DThomas is a legit college center. I doubt very much you will see Green start. Due to spacing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you see Cav at the 4. I have a gut feeling that Travis stuck around because he was promised the bulk of his minutes at the position he is going to play professionally, small forward. Not that he won't slide to the 4 some, but my hunch is he starts at the 3 every game. Just a hunch.

CMM 25
CJ 32
DT 22
Cav 18
Travis 32

Tree 18
Fish 18
Andre 8
Green 10
Moto 14
Jones 3

This might be what it looks like by the end of the year, but I really doubt Cav starts over Green to start the year.

I think Travis would slide down to the 4 before Tree. Just too skinny and has the mindset of a guard. Definitely the best passer on the team.

Yeah, I just see no way that Rountree can defend at the 4 as skinny as he is. Moto is shorter, but he seems to be built a lot more solidly. I'd bet on that before Rountree.

I can't really see Rountree playing anything other than the 3 and maybe, occasionally, the 2 (as part of a defensive line-up).

Just looking at Cav, I don't see what skills he brings to the table. I haven't seen him play at all, that's just based on my opinion of what he looks like.

Maybe he's deceptively athletic.

Just looking at Cav, I don't see what skills he brings to the table. I haven't seen him play at all, that's just based on my opinion of what he looks like.

He's built pretty well. He has a fractured bone in his foot but he said he might be able to play next Thursday. I'm guessing the staff takes no chances and holds him out for the summer league though. Just my $.02

He might be the best shooter in the class. We'll see. I know that's damning with faint praise.

At the beginning of the year, it wouldnt surprise me if our starting lineup is CMM, Chase, CJ, Mckie, Green.

Haha...either be more subtle or just come out and say it.

White boys can't jump...

DThomas is a legit college center. I doubt very much you will see Green start. Due to spacing, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you see Cav at the 4. I have a gut feeling that Travis stuck around because he was promised the bulk of his minutes at the position he is going to play professionally, small forward. Not that he won't slide to the 4 some, but my hunch is he starts at the 3 every game. Just a hunch.

agree with this. would not be a surprise at all to find out mckie was promised he would start at the three if he came back.

Given the shitstorm Buzz has put on the court the last 2 years I find it really hard to believe he is promising anyone anything. He's expressed that he knows this is the year he has to win and he's going to put the players at the best spots for the team to win games. Given the heat on him I just don't buy him really given a flip about where Travis should be playing in the pros. It's a college team and he's going to play them where they fit best in college. Bring in the fact that Travis frankly didn't show much ability or success at the 3 last season I just don't think that's going to happen. Now if Travis has improved his lateral quicks and shored up his handle, then yea Bz better put him at the 3 but he's not going to promise a guy a spot just to appease him.

If Travis would've left it would've looked even worse that it already was. Might have been the end for Bz. Luckily, he was talked down and we crossed that bridge.

Given how good a teammate and leader Travis has been from the get go for WF I really just don't see him as the type of kid that is going to bail on the team only to be coaxed back by the promise of playing a certain position. It's just doesn't make any sense given what we have seen from Travis the last 2 years. At best the whole promising a position thing is just pretty wild speculation right?

CMM 25
CJ 32
DT 22
Cav 18
Travis 32

Tree 18
Fish 18
Andre 8
Green 10
Moto 14
Jones 3

Chase will have a more prominent role (25) IMO. He's an underrated (good) passer and will shoot better with a little more confidence and more space (other scoring options) this year.

If Travis had left the bar wouldn't have moved but [Redacted] would have lost his second best player (and one of the ten best returning players in the ACC). If [Redacted] wasn't fired for what would be an indisputable transfer problem (he can say that Fields and Carson were afraid of the competition. It'd be BS but Ron would/did believe it) then he would have likely had an impossible task this year.

Travis was apparently voicing frustration. I just think position had something to do with it. I personally think it is well within the realm of possibility and even probable that Bzd said, 'you're right' - we'll get you the bulk of your minutes at the 3 next year, but you got to do this for me ... (improve your handle, perimeter D ....)

If I'm Travis, that's not bitching and moaning. You go to college to prepare you for your career. You don't go to business school if you want to be a doctor. If you are going to make money playing basketball in Europe or in the NBA by playing the 3 - I would want 2 years at that position.

Reactions: TBR
Travis was apparently voicing frustration. I just think position had something to do with it. I personally think it is well within the realm of possibility and even probable that Bzd said, 'you're right' - we'll get you the bulk of your minutes at the 3 next year, but you got to do this for me ... (improve your handle, perimeter D ....)

Oh yea I could certainly see that scenario playing out. If Travis doesn't improve his SF skills though I still don't think you can just put him there because you promised it to him. The thing with Travis though, is that i'm sure he went and improved anything the staff gave him to work on.

Back