• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this about Wake and was definitely proven wrong against Clemson, but I'll say it again: I don't think any team is going to absolutely torch our defense. Our secondary is weak and I do agree that a team like the Saints with a heavy passing attack is going to do the most damage against us, but I think our front seven can get enough pressure to make it a tough day for Brees still. I don't expect to win either game against the Saints, but we did beat them last year didn't we?

We need to keep working on the offense and improve though because I do agree that we don't have the firepower to keep up with some of the league's best offenses.

Good song choice for how all Panther fans felt seeing the offense stay on the field during those 4th down calls.

I don't see how 9-7 gets you one of the two wild card births in the NFC.

Idk, the NFC is pretty terrible. The Lions and Bears are likely the biggest shot to get to 10-6 for the final spot. I would imagine the 49ers get the first WC spot with something like an 11-5 record. The Cardinals, Rams, and Eagles sure as hell aren't getting to 10 wins unless they turn things around drastically despite sitting at 3-3 and everybody else is at least two games under .500 in the conference besides the Panthers who are 2-3, so it's hard to say anybody else reaches 10 wins. The final spot might be at 10-6 but I think it's likely to be at 9-7.

Looks like I'm going to drive from homecoming to the game on Sunday morning. The following drive back to DC is going to be brutal.....

Idk, the NFC is pretty terrible. The Lions and Bears are likely the biggest shot to get to 10-6 for the final spot. I would imagine the 49ers get the first WC spot with something like an 11-5 record. The Cardinals, Rams, and Eagles sure as hell aren't getting to 10 wins unless they turn things around drastically despite sitting at 3-3 and everybody else is at least two games under .500 in the conference besides the Panthers who are 2-3, so it's hard to say anybody else reaches 10 wins. The final spot might be at 10-6 but I think it's likely to be at 9-7.

Yep, basically need one of the three (CHI, GB, DET) to run away with the NFC Central and the other two teams to settle back to 9-7. What's tiebreaker scenario for teams without H2H?

vs Rams - W
at Bucs - W
vs Falcons - W
at 49ers - L
vs Patriots - L
at Dolphins - W
vs Bucs - W
at Saints - L
vs Jets - W
vs Saints - W
at Falcons - L

Also I may have an extra for Sunday vs. the Rams if someone is looking to go. Section 104 (CatMan) 10th row. Face is 83.00 and I have 80.00 in it, would just be looking to get my money back. PM me if you're interested.

NFC record:

Panthers (2-2)
Lions (3-2)
Bears (2-2)
Packers (2-1)
Eagles (3-0)
Cowboys (3-0)
Falcons (1-1)

Gil Brandt: Hakeem Nicks to Panthers Makes Sense

New York Giants Receive: Jonathan Stewart, Running Back

Carolina Panthers Receive: Hakeem Nicks, Wide Receiver

Why it would make sense: Presuming Stewart, who started the season on the physically unable to perform list after undergoing offseason ankle surgery, is fully healthy, this deal would help both teams. The Giants need running back help, and Stewart is still a relatively young guy (26) who did top 1,000 yards from scrimmage (including 1,133 rushing yards in 2009) in two of the past four seasons. The Panthers, meanwhile, could use a talented receiver like Nicks, who has the potential to give Cam Newton a great boost. While veteran Steve Smith would continue to be the No. 1 receiver in Carolina this season, the Panthers could likely convince Nicks that he would be the man in the future. Stewart, who has conceivably been made expendable by the resurgence of DeAngelo Williams (10th in the NFL with 394 rushing yards), could turn out to be the long-term answer for New York at running back.

Trades are often easier to pull off when both parties have a prior relationship, which is why I could see a deal between the Panthers and the Giants actually happening. Carolina general manager Dave Gettleman came over from the Giants' front office, and I'd imagine that he has a good working rapport with his former colleagues. Gettleman is a straight shooter and the Giants know that; they'd likely feel they could trust him regarding Stewart's health.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...o-panthers-among-trades-that-would-make-sense

dudes, i would trade stewart for nicks ALL DAY LONG

has stew EVER played a full season? i don't think he's ever really been healthy his whole career.

has stew EVER played a full season? i don't think he's ever really been healthy his whole career.

yeah we haven't really missed him much this year. we have been missing a legit WR, though.

will Barner ever come around?

LOLOLOLOLOL

He missed 2 games in the first 4 seasons of his career. He has traditionally been healthy. Whether he will be going forward is up for debate.

I like J-Stew, and I hate Tarholes, but i'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

LOLOLOLOLOL

He missed 2 games in the first 4 seasons of his career. He has traditionally been healthy. Whether he will be going forward is up for debate.

no way are you kidding? he's always got like a sprained ankle or sore achilles or some shit. he's been a partial participant in every TC since he's arrived.

not to mention that we haven't seen him since november 2012

no way are you kidding? he's always got like a sprained ankle or sore achilles or some shit. he's been a partial participant in every TC since he's arrived.

not to mention that we haven't seen him since november 2012

Yeah, sure, he misses a lot of practice. Didn't seem to bother him at game time. The stat about him actually playing games is what it is to borrow one from ol Foxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back