• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Wade is not going to play for the Cavs for 3.5 million, that's ridiculous

Meh, I don't have a huge problem with turning that down. This isn't the NFL; stockpiling mid-late first round picks doesn't help, especially when your draft decision-making is questionable at best anyway. Quality over quantity is what is important. We don't need a team of PJ Hairston type players, I think Kaminsky is better than those picks.

It'd be pretty easy to turn those picks into a lottery pick or better though.

No. Just fucking no. Did you watch the tournament this last season? Winslow was the best player in college basketball by the end of the year. And we took fucking Kaminsky, who's ceiling is Ryan Anderson.

Fuck you. Your street cred is gone. This was an abomination. Are you Rich Cho's cousin or something? Jesus fucking Christ.

Kaminskey was still the best player in college basketball by the end of the year.

However, that doesn't mean the Hornets should have taken him.

You don't pass on Winslow just because you have MKG. MKG is a good defender, has great athleticism, but he still has a broken ass shot. That is a pretty big issue.

Last night may have been the dumbest thing the hornets have ever done

That includes Adam Morrison and passing on the trade for cp3

No there won't. They'd still be way over the cap, and over the tax too.

If Wade want's to go to Cleveland for say $16 million it's going to happen. Lebron will ship out whoever he needs to to make that work.

Edit: It wouldn't even be that difficult according to Basketball Insiders. They only have a little over $31 million tied up for 2015/2016 and less than that going forward. Have to assume Thompson/Mozgov get a bunch going forward but if they want Wade no reason they can't make room for him.

^No idea if that info is right but everything i've read says they can bring Wade in no problem. If Lebron want's it, Gilbert will go over the tax or Lebron will head out. He's got all the power.

Last edited:
If Wade want's to go to Cleveland for say $16 million it's going to happen. Lebron will ship out whoever he needs to to make that work.

Edit: It wouldn't even be that difficult according to Basketball Insiders. They only have a little over $31 million tied up for 2015/2016 and less than that going forward. Have to assume Thompson/Mozgov get a bunch going forward but if they want Wade no reason they can't make room for him.

^No idea if that info is right but everything i've read says they can bring Wade in no problem. If Lebron want's it, Gilbert will go over the tax or Lebron will head out. He's got all the power.

It's not right, and it would be a huge problem. They are going to be WAY over the tax, that's not the issue. Gilbert will pay, and there's a decent chance they have the highest tax bill in history next year. The issue is it makes it really really hard to get Wade. There are basically 3 ways it can happen:

1. He signs for the mini MLE for <3.5 million (LOL)
2. He opts into his deal for 16 mil this year and Riley agrees to trade him (I'd be stunned if Riley agreed to trade him to the Cavs)
3. Something like Love, Thompson, and Shumpert and JR all leave (and they'd still only be able to offer Wade like 10 mil a year if all of that happened, and they'd have to fill out the roster with turds)

Oh cool, Hornets turned down FOUR first round picks to draft Frank the tank Kaminsky.

I mean in the future, dummy.

Yeah, but they'd be trading a current lottery pick for picks that could be potentially used for a future lottery pick. That's not necessarily a great move.

I actually think in the current context this may be the worst draft pick ever for the Bobcats/Hornets

Think people are over hyping Winslow. Just because Danny Ainge wanted him does not mean he is anything special (take a look at Ainge's draft history - it is nothing special). Guy benefited from a constant double team on Okafor and had 3 fgs in the biggest game of his life. I don't think he's the next Kobe - and I think there is a chance Frank the Tank has a better career.

Think people are over hyping Winslow. Just because Danny Ainge wanted him does not mean he is anything special (take a look at Ainge's draft history - it is nothing special). Guy benefited from a constant double team on Okafor and had 3 fgs in the biggest game of his life. I don't think he's the next Kobe - and I think there is a chance Frank the Tank has a better career.

And this guy knows basketball!

I deserved that. Loyal to a fault.

(edited to add - I was going to ask when that poll was taken - but it does not matter. A stain on my credibility for life.)

Last edited:
Back