• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Cho told the AP last night that they had Frank higher than Winslow on their draft board anyway, so Winslow falling didn't make any difference.

Jeff Goodman reporting Aaron Harrison will join Charlotte's summer league team.

Ironic that the Hornets probably just picked the best 3-point shooter in the draft, and their fans are shook because they passed on a possible Hendo 2.0 despite having four SGs on the roster already.

Read Winslow's scouting report. It's like a semi-time warp to Henderson. Solid college shooter, good intangibles, great defense, could improve. Huge asshole. Very promising prospect, but he's the one guy to drop out of the top 8 that didn't fit the Hornets new roster at all, after they traded for Batum. I like Winslow, but he simply doesn't work. Too bad Mudiay wasn't the one to drop. How would Winslow make sense other than to trade him for something else?

You left something they have in common out, but I gotcha back.

Ironic that the Hornets probably just picked the best 3-point shooter in the draft, and their fans are shook because they passed on a possible Hendo 2.0 despite having four SGs on the roster already.

Read Winslow's scouting report. It's like a semi-time warp to Henderson. Solid college shooter, good intangibles, great defense, could improve. Very promising prospect, but he's the one guy to drop out of the top 8 that didn't fit the Hornets new roster at all, after they traded for Batum. I like Winslow, but he simply doesn't work. Too bad Mudiay wasn't the one to drop. How would Winslow make sense other than to trade him for something else?

Well, this is a truly shocking post. Next thing you know, TheReff will post about Odom and Greer, or BKF will go on a rant about college basketball.

No. Just fucking no. Did you watch the tournament this last season? Winslow was the best player in college basketball by the end of the year. And we took fucking Kaminsky, who's ceiling is Ryan Anderson.

Fuck you. Your street cred is gone. This was an abomination. Are you Rich Cho's cousin or something? Jesus fucking Christ.

lol I love the draft. Everyone already knows the next four years, and the fuck you's are flying. I am going to miss my street cred.

Read Winslow's scouting report. It's like a semi-time warp to Henderson. Solid college shooter, good intangibles, great defense, could improve. Very promising prospect, but he's the one guy to drop out of the top 8 that didn't fit the Hornets new roster at all, after they traded for Batum. I like Winslow, but he simply doesn't work. Too bad Mudiay wasn't the one to drop. How would Winslow make sense other than to trade him for something else?

This is a horrific post, on many levels. First, did you watch Winslow play at all? He is nothing like Henderson, and is better now than Henderson ever was. Second, this team sucks, fit is irrelevant. You take the best player available and worry about fit later on. Why the fuck would we care how somebody fits with Nic Batum? (a) he is a mediocre player, and (b) he'll only be here for one year, especially if you had Winslow to slide in to his spot on a cheap contract. I don't see Miami shying away from Winslow because they have Dwyane Wade. Why? Because Miami knows what the hell they are doing. Think about it, in today's NBA, Winslow could play PF in certain lineups, he is Draymond Green with a higher ceiling.

Cho told the AP last night that they had Frank higher than Winslow on their draft board anyway, so Winslow falling didn't make any difference.

What else do you expect him to say? It's pure damage control at this point.

ArlingtonDeac;2159939[B said:
]Ironic that the Hornets probably just picked the best 3-point shooter in the draft[/B], and their fans are shook because they passed on a possible Hendo 2.0 despite having four SGs on the roster already.

I get the whole Winslow = Hendo cuz black, duke, uncle tom, etc.....

But best 3 Point shooter in the draft???

Plus, you can sign a 3-point shooter. If you want a big guy who can just shoot 3s, go sign Steve Novak (I get that Frank has more skills than Novak, but you can find guys to shoot 3s). What you can't find easily, what Charlotte has been missing since the franchise's return, and what Winslow ahs the possibility to be, is a lead dog on both ends of the court. Not saying he will definitely become that, but he has a chance. By the end of the year he was the best player in college basketball and playing that role to a national championship, at 19 years old. You don't pass on that for a 3-point shooter.

Well, this is a truly shocking post. Next thing you know, TheReff will post about Odom and Greer, or BKF will go on a rant about college basketball.

This is such messages board shit. I love it. I've never posted a thing on Kaminsky or Winslow. I think they're both good prospects in different ways. I think Winslow was another Vonleh situation, where he wasn't the right fit, but people who never mentioned him once as their choice in a vacuum now suddenly love him because mocks drafts had him higher. Everyone loves the guy dropping, though not many consider why the guy was dropping (See, Vonleh; doesn't actually like basketball). MKG profiles way better than Winslow and is locked in at the three. The Hornets just traded for an accomplished 26 yo wing who also will play 2-3 (I can't believe some are arguing that Batum is not a good player, just crazy). They have 3 other young SGs on the roster. Forget Kaminsky. Winslow just wasn't the guy the dropping guy that made sense for the Hornets (though he's perfect for Miami, who might need a 2-3 starter next season). I would've taken literally any of the top 7 picks over Kaminsky last night, just not the one SG that might not project out to NBA 3-point range and is a lighter version of the guy we already have, and feels a lot like a guy we just traded.

Rolling the dice with a Player of the Year who everyone agree has NBA range made sense to me at 9, where you almost always only get rotation-level players. He has an NBA skill, and the Hornets just added FOUR NBA 3-point shooters to take the pressure off AL and open lanes for Kemba. I'm okay with that. If you really think Winslow will be as good as Batum--one of three players in the league to average 6 RPG and 5 APG over the last three years (the other two being Lebron and Westbrook), in a edition to being a great defender, good deep shooter, and double-digit scorer at 26 -- then I can see why you're angry. I'd don't see Winslow being that level myself.

Last edited:
I get the whole Winslow = Hendo cuz black, duke, uncle tom, etc.....

But best 3 Point shooter in the draft???

Frank's 42% from three, I believe, was statically the highest of any drafted player last season. Not 100% sure, but someone posted that one Twitter last night. Could be wrong, since that was only on Twitter.

SMh to the rest of your post.

This is such messages board shit. I love it. I've never posted a thing on Kaminsky or Winslow. I think they're both good prospects in different ways. I think Winslow was another Vonleh situation, where he wasn't the right fit, but people who never mentioned him once as their choice in a vacuum now suddenly love him because mocks drafts had him higher. Everyone loves the guy dropping, though not many consider why the guy was dropping (See, Vonleh; doesn't actually like basketball). MKG profiles way better than Winslow and is locked in at the three. The Hornets just traded for an accomplished 26 yo wing who also will play 2-3 (I can't believe some are arguing that Batum is not a good player, just crazy). They have 3 other young SGs on the roster. Forget Kaminsky. Winslow just wasn't the guy the dropping guy that made sense for the Hornets (though he's perfect for Miami, who might need a 2-3 starter next season). I would've taken literally any of the top 7 picks over Kaminsky last night, just not the one SG that might not project out to NBA 3-point range and is a lighter version of the guy we already have, and feels a lot like a guy we just traded.

Rolling the dice with a Player of the Year who everyone agree has NBA range made sense to me at 9, where you almost always only get rotation-level players. He has an NBA skill, and the Hornets just added FOUR NBA 3-point shooters to take the pressure off AL and open lanes for Kemba. I'm okay with that. If you really think Winslow will be as good as Batum--one of three players in the league to average 6 RPG and 5 APG over the last three years (the other two being Lebron and Westbrook), in a edition to being a great defender, good deep shooter, and double-digit scorer at 26 -- then I can see why you're angry. I'd don't see Winslow being that level myself.

This was my post from May 21:

They need to do whatever possible to trade up to get Winslow (while retaining, MKG, Zeller, and Vonleh). He is exactly what they need.

Cho did pretty much the opposite.

Also, Winslow's higher 3P% was on more attempts than Kaminsky

Ouch, Arlington.

This team screams softness and mediocrity. Or more like whispers it.

This team screams softness and mediocrity. Or more like whispers it.

That's what happens when a franchises drafts stretch fours three first rounds in a row.

This was my post from May 21:

Cho did pretty much the opposite.

If you're trading up in this draft to get a SG, it should be for Hezonja. I posted about three times I would've given the Knicks a 2016 first round pick in order to get any of Russell, Henzonja, Porzingis, or Mudiay. Shooters or a true PG. Things that fit. Don't think I would've drafted Winslow for the Hornets in the top 10. Would've gone with Payne first too. We just disagree on what they passed up.

Oh, we also apparently turned down a big offer from Boston for Kaminsky.

Back