• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

We took Kaminsky with Winslow on the board?

Haha fuck this team. Fuck Cho. Fuck MJ. Does Seattle want a franchise?

After all these years, I've finally figured out MJ's drafting strategy. Only draft players he can beat one on one in practice! This is why I won't support the Hornets! GO SPURS GO!

michael_jordan2-306x400.jpg

Could have had Nerlens Noel and Justise Winslow in two of the last three drafts and instead came away with two crappy-ass honkies with overlapping skill sets.

Don't forget in 2012 MJ and Co took MKG over Beal and Lilliard. Could've had Walker, Beal/Lillard, Winslow, Noel and Jefferson as the starting lineup

Don't forget in 2012 MJ and Co took MKG over Beal and Lilliard. Could've had Walker, Beal/Lillard, Winslow, Noel and Jefferson as the starting lineup

You do realize if we made different picks one year it probably wouldn't have all shook out like that right?

Yeah, everyone has their "oh what could have been" list, but all of these players, except for maybe Lillard, were guys that everyone but our GM wanted. The ONE time we want MJ to take the local Duke/UNC guy, and he passes. Just...Unbelievable.

Ironic that the Hornets probably just picked the best 3-point shooter in the draft, and their fans are shook because they passed on a possible Hendo 2.0 despite having four SGs on the roster already.

Read Winslow's scouting report. It's like a semi-time warp to Henderson. Solid college shooter, good intangibles, great defense, could improve. Very promising prospect, but he's the one guy to drop out of the top 8 that didn't fit the Hornets new roster at all, after they traded for Batum. I like Winslow, but he simply doesn't work. Too bad Mudiay wasn't the one to drop. How would Winslow make sense other than to trade him for something else?

Hornets need to actually get some good players before considering fit

Oh, and Henderson and Winslow aren't particularly simliar

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread (The Tank rolls into CLT)

Ironic that the Hornets probably just picked the best 3-point shooter in the draft, and their fans are shook because they passed on a possible Hendo 2.0 despite having four SGs on the roster already.

Read Winslow's scouting report. It's like a semi-time warp to Henderson. Solid college shooter, good intangibles, great defense, could improve. Very promising prospect, but he's the one guy to drop out of the top 8 that didn't fit the Hornets new roster at all, after they traded for Batum. I like Winslow, but he simply doesn't work. Too bad Mudiay wasn't the one to drop. How would Winslow make sense other than to trade him for something else?

No. Just fucking no. Did you watch the tournament this last season? Winslow was the best player in college basketball by the end of the year. And we took fucking Kaminsky, who's ceiling is Ryan Anderson.

Fuck you. Your street cred is gone. This was an abomination. Are you Rich Cho's cousin or something? Jesus fucking Christ.

No. So wrong.

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread (The Tank rolls into CLT)

Just got home and saw Frank's comments from last year on SC

Hahahaha what the fuck? Is this a long term troll job by MJ? He seems like a vindictive enough cunt to actually do this. Did Mugsey call him fat once or something.

Our last four lottery picks:

MGK, Zeller, Vonleh, Kaminsky.

And Kemba is at best a J-Terry/Jamal Crawford

What an abortion.

Can we sell the team to Seattle, and start over a third time?

Last edited:
No. Just fucking no. Did you watch the tournament this last season? Winslow was the best player in college basketball by the end of the year. And we took fucking Kaminsky, who's ceiling is Ryan Anderson.

Fuck you. Your street cred is gone. This was an abomination. Are you Rich Cho's cousin or something? Jesus fucking Christ.

If the Batum and Lamb acquisitions pay off, then I'm less frustrated with the Kaminsky pick.

Along with Winslow, I wish that the front office would have taken a longer look at Myles Turner or Cameron Payne. Passing up on Winslow without knowing how our other moves pan out really hurts, though.

Last edited:
Batum is on an expiring and Jeremy Lamb is Jeremy Lamb so I have no idea why these are legitimate considerations when a talent like Winslow falls in your lap

I'm not a huge fan of Winslow as an NBA player - his ceiling on the offensiv end is pretty low imo. Passing on him doesn't bother me so much (especially if the Hornets are going to resign Batum, who is better than Winslow will ever be - seriously, Batum is a very good wing).

Drafting Kaminsky so we can have 3 power forwards who can't guard worth a damn is just maddening. If it was going to be a PF, give me Turner. If not, Booker was still on the board.

Winslow is gonna be awesome, and he's gonna help YOUR BOY hof bosh out a lot

Batum was garbage last season. I'm sure that'll pick up with Kemba pounding the rock for 15 seconds then taking a long 2 or throwing it to a teammate in a terrible position off no movement.

Back