• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

I want Hezonja as a Hornet so bad. It's too bad it won't happen, but I'd rock a Hornets or Hrvatska Hezonja shirt every day this summer if it does.

Bonnell saying the plan is to play Batum at 2 along with MKG, instead of having them in different units. A lot of perimeter length next season if Batum can stay healthy.

Every mock draft I've seen has changed the Hornets pick to Kaminsky now.

Chad Ford on Twitter: "Frank the Tank is on fire. Phil Jackson loves him. So does Vlade Divac. Michael Jordan won't pass on him at 9. 4-9 his new range."

I don't get that trade at all. They specifically picked Vonleh as a long term pick last year, when he happened to fall to them unexpectedly, then dump him for a fungible bum like Batum? And they trade Henderson after trading Lance but before the draft not knowing if they'll get a scoring SG? And why the fuck would you trade Vonleh if you are shopping Zeller? This makes absolutely zero sense. Fucking Cho.

You're taking a bunch of rumors and making them all true. They were likely never shopping both Zeller and Vonleh, they were shopping a choice of the two (I'm relieved they traded the more raw guy, personally). Batum is a very good player and will form a pretty intimidating tandem with MKG. Tatum plays lots of SG for France and will do so for the Hornets. He's a career 36% 3-point shooter, so they improved there. And he's bigger and a better passer than Hendo. They got the best player in the deal.

So long Noah, we never really knew you, but you served a purpose as a useful "asset."

ETA: In addition to being a very effective defender and a career double-digit scorer, Batum is 1 of 3 players to average 6 RPG and 5 APG over the last three seasons. The other two are Lebron James and Russell Westbrook. The guy can play.

Last edited:
Blowing it up would be dumping Al and Kemba. Getting rid of Vonleh for virtually nothing, after he looked decent in his limited minutes, makes no sense. And Zeller is coming along nicely as well. If you blow it up I still think you try to keep Zeller, Vonleh, MKG, and maybe Biz. Everybody else can go.

Zeller is now untouchable, Batum is certainly not "virtually nothing", he's a very good two-way wing and easily the best player of three guys moved, and the rest of the core won't go anywhere. They'll draft BPA at 9, or trade back for something. I'd like them to use their 2016 pick to move up to the Knicks spot top Hezonja, but Cho doesn't seem to like trading first round picks, ever.

Zeller is now untouchable, Batum is certainly not "virtually nothing", he's a very good two-way wing and easily the best player of three guys moved, and the rest of the core won't go anywhere. They'll draft BPA at 9, or trade back for something. I'd like them to use their 2016 pick to move up to the Knicks spot top Hezonja, but Cho doesn't seem to like trading first round picks, ever.

He is a one year rental player on a mediocre team that has no need for a rental player.

fe3ad628670e9c9d013204a371f58d43.jpg

Pack it up guys, the draft is over before it even began for us.

OMG, Winslow's still there. Don't screw it up, Cho! DON'T TAKE THE WHITE GUY!!

Back