• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Blowing it up would be dumping Al and Kemba. Getting rid of Vonleh for virtually nothing, after he looked decent in his limited minutes, makes no sense. And Zeller is coming along nicely as well. If you blow it up I still think you try to keep Zeller, Vonleh, MKG, and maybe Biz. Everybody else can go.

Blowing it up would be dumping Al and Kemba. Getting rid of Vonleh for virtually nothing, after he looked decent in his limited minutes, makes no sense. And Zeller is coming along nicely as well. If you blow it up I still think you try to keep Zeller, Vonleh, MKG, and maybe Biz. Everybody else can go.
Batum > Vonleh + Henderson

You should watch a Portland game!

ETA: MKG and Batum is going to be filthy.

Not that I know just a whole lot about Batum, but the comments I have seen from Portland fans are along the lines of contract year Batum being much better than non contract year Batum.

Not that I know just a whole lot about Batum, but the comments I have seen from Portland fans are along the lines of contract year Batum being much better than non contract year Batum.

Meh. Dude is 26 and something tells me that he will see a few more than 10.9% of Charlotte's possessions next year.

To put it in perspective, Batum has seen as of a percentage of his team's possessions as Gerald Henderson has just one time in his career: 14.5% of Portland's possessions in 2012-2013 and he averaged 14.3 points (48.1% 2FG, 37.2% 3FG, 84.8% FT), 5.6 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 1.2 steals, and 1.1 blocks in 38.5 minutes per game.

Additionally, I'm intrigued by the versatility that Batum adds to Charlotte's perimeter. He's flexible enough offensively to take some pressure off of Kemba as both a scorer and a distributor. He's going to comprise one of the NBA's premier perimeter defenses alongside of MKG, as well.

Cho and others say that Hornets are not done "wheeling and dealing." Look forward to seeing what goes down tomorrow night. My hope would be get Big Al out and somehow get Porzingis in.

Meh. Dude is 26 and something tells me that he will see a few more than 10.9% of Charlotte's possessions next year.

To put it in perspective, Batum has seen as of a percentage of his team's possessions as Gerald Henderson has just one time in his career: 14.5% of Portland's possessions in 2012-2013 and he averaged 14.3 points (48.1% 2FG, 37.2% 3FG, 84.8% FT), 5.6 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 1.2 steals, and 1.1 blocks in 38.5 minutes per game.

Additionally, I'm intrigued by the versatility that Batum adds to Charlotte's perimeter. He's flexible enough offensively to take some pressure off of Kemba as both a scorer and a distributor. He's going to comprise one of the NBA's premier perimeter defenses alongside of MKG, as well.

So what? We got him for one year, and traded away what appeared to be a pretty bright prospect for that one year (and it wasn't an attractive expiring contract, because Hendo was coming off at $6mil and Vonleh was cheap; leaving everything alone would have gotten space and Vonleh). And if you re-sign Batum, you're likely re-signing his mediocrity at $12 mil. So what it really comes down to is whether one year of Batum with the chance of re-signing him on a bad contract is better than several extremely affordable years of Vonleh with the chance to be his career home. I say no way in hell. Absolutely awful trade, IMO.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. Plus, if the Zeller tweet was legit and not a smokescreen, it means that Hornets had, a few hours previously, chosen Vonleh over Zeller. Then they jump and dump him for Batum. This is Cho pulling a Marty Hurney and trying to save his job by an incremental increase in wins next year at the expense of the long-term well being of the team.

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread (Please draft someone good)

Saw a Woj tweet that the Kings are trying to move down from #6

If Cho fares to draft frank, I'll be so mad. I've me either of the two internationals, or give me death!!1!

I wouldn't mind Frank if they signed Afflalo to go along with him. Otherwise, I think they have to take Booker assuming they don't trade up for the Euro SG. No way do I want the Euro big guy. I don't want that much of a project on this team, as they'll trade up to get him and then Cho will trade him away a year later for Kris Humphries or George Hill.

So what? We got him for one year, and traded away what appeared to be a pretty bright prospect for that one year (and it wasn't an attractive expiring contract, because Hendo was coming off at $6mil and Vonleh was cheap; leaving everything alone would have gotten space and Vonleh). And if you re-sign Batum, you're likely re-signing his mediocrity at $12 mil. So what it really comes down to is whether one year of Batum with the chance of re-signing him on a bad contract is better than several extremely affordable years of Vonleh with the chance to be his career home. I say no way in hell. Absolutely awful trade, IMO.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. Plus, if the Zeller tweet was legit and not a smokescreen, it means that Hornets had, a few hours previously, chosen Vonleh over Zeller. Then they jump and dump him for Batum. This is Cho pulling a Marty Hurney and trying to save his job by an incremental increase in wins next year at the expense of the long-term well being of the team.

Weird that you seem to be the only one upset at this trade. I think a better bet us the Hornets didnt see what they were hoping to see out of Vonleh so cut bait, getting a need and a good player in return. Also given the place contracts are going next year, Batum resigning, even ay 12 (which i doubt he gets) isnt that bad a contract, especially for a good player.

Our 3 point shooting is so bad I don't care that we have to take a little bit of a chance to improve it. Henderson at $6 million isn't a great deal if he doesn't help you win, and he doesn't.

I agree Hendo had to go. It's the Vonleh part I don't like. I agree that maybe they just didn't think Vonleh will end up being good, but if that is the case (a) it is contrary to what I saw at the end of the season, as he hustled, had a nice stroke, showed good shotblocking instincts, and is really athletic, and (b) whoever drafted him should be nowhere near the draft tonight if they blew last year's pick that badly.

Yeah, it's not encouraging that you're trading a player you picked 12th three years ago and a player you picked 9th last year for a guy who averaged 9 points last year with an expiring contract.

So they flip Barnes to the Grizz for Ridnour. Wasn't Ridnour here a few years ago? Meh, he is no worse than that clown Brian Roberts.

Frank's sponsor is JC Penny. That should stop us right there. We are a Belk City. HOLLER :cam:!

Yeah, it's not encouraging that you're trading a player you picked 12th three years ago and a player you picked 9th last year for a guy who averaged 9 points last year with an expiring contract.

Henderson was drafted six years ago

Okay, that is a decent deal by itself. That is the UConn Lamb, not the Kentucky Lamb, right?

So the net ends up being Lance Stephenson and a 2nd round pick for Spencer Hawes and Lamb? Meh.

Back