• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

NBA games can be roller coasters sometimes.....now a 4-point game in Boston after a 23-3 run to open the 3rd quarter.

Clifford running out a lineup of Jorge Guttierez, Aaron Harrison, Troy Daniels, Psycho T, and Hawes. The lead is almost gone there as well.

Might just nab that 6 seed after all.

Looks like we're playing for the 6th seed but the backups to the backups are refusing to lose the game.

Might not matter if Celtics finish comeback and Hawks lose (down 10 with a quarter to go).

Yeah, it was always kind of a Sophie's choice with those 3 teams but the 6 seed is better than the 5 seed.

I can't believe Miami is going to get "rewarded" for this 2nd half effort with the 3-seed and HCA in the first round. And of course they will probably come out fired up this weekend after laying an egg tonight.

Everyone gonna be fired up for the playoffs, I'm good with this. Bring em on, they have the same record as the Hornets.

Man, I even think the Pacers could beat the Raptors in the first round. Dwayne Casey doesn't exactly have a sterling playoff record. Home court in the 2nd round is now in play because of the 6 seed.

Yeah I'd like to play Miami so we could have a repeat of the headband playoff series from the early 00s

SWEEP! THE! HEAT!

Also a 3-6. The closest we've ever come to making the conf finals by far was as a 6 seed

Last edited:
I'm down with playing Miami. Would rather have them in the #3 vs #6 matchup instead of getting the Hawks in first round followed by the Cavs. There's hope.

SWEEP! THE! HEAT!

Also a 3-6. The closest we've ever come to making the conf finals by far was as a 6 seed

That was the year the Hornets were up 3-2 on the Bucks and could have closed it out at home in Game 6 after winning Game 5 in Milwaukee, right? Ugh, that was such a letdown to lose that one in 7.

I've always wondered how history might've played out differently if the Hornets won that Game 6 at home.

But in the end we got rid of Shinn and eventually got a team so we're all winners

Full 1st round schedule has been released:

http://www.nba.com/news/2016-nba-playoffs-first-round-schedule/index.html

Hornets schedule below, first home game on Saturday, April 23rd at 5:30pm

(3) Miami Heat vs. (6) Charlotte Hornets
Game 1 -- Sun. April 17, Charlotte at Miami, 5:30PM, TNT
Game 2 -- Wed. April 20, Charlotte at Miami, 7:00PM, NBA TV
Game 3 -- Sat. April 23, Miami at Charlotte, 5:30PM, TNT
Game 4 -- Mon April 25, Miami at Charlotte, TBD, TBD
Game 5 * Wed April 27, Charlotte at Miami, TBD, TBD
Game 6 * Fri April 29, Miami at Charlotte, TBD, TBD
Game 7 * Sun May 1, Charlotte at Miami, TBD, TBD

Looks like we're playing for the 6th seed but the backups to the backups are refusing to lose the game.

6th seed but have the same record as Boston and Atl. Assume we lost tiebreaker to both due to head to head records?

Back