• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the shit is the #narrative here that Fisher is a jerk and not that Barnes is a friggin' lunatic?

Burneko had a good breakdown over at Deadspin last night. People are stupid.

not read that yet but both statements are accurate. back in 07 ?? fischer asked to be let out of his contract with the jazz to care for his sick daughter. he then immediately signed with la and had the daughter treated in nyc. he once signed with the mavs for a day or two (allegedly to be reinstated as players assoc president. once he was reinstated he left the mavs to, again, spend more time with his family. he then showed up in okc later that season.

fischer is an ass and barnes is a lunatic.

not read that yet but both statements are accurate. back in 07 ?? fischer asked to be let out of his contract with the jazz to care for his sick daughter. he then immediately signed with la and had the daughter treated in nyc. he once signed with the mavs for a day or two (allegedly to be reinstated as players assoc president. once he was reinstated he left the mavs to, again, spend more time with his family. he then showed up in okc later that season.

fischer is an ass and barnes is a lunatic.

Maybe it's true that Fisher is an ass (it probably is true!), but I'm very much with Burneko in that I don't see how this story is indicative of that.

Maybe it's true that Fisher is an ass (it probably is true!), but I'm very much with Burneko in that I don't see how this story is indicative of that.

the story of fisher getting beaten up is not. however, 1 - he left his wife with no notice and 2 - is dating a former teammate's ex. those are both pretty crappy. we don't know the timeline when he started dating her but it certainly smells "fishy." but i agree, this story looks worse for barnes. just hate fisher too.

I'm sure he gave her .4 seconds of notice. After that he's liable to rip your heart out.

I'm sure he gave her .4 seconds of notice. After that he's liable to rip your heart out.

i laughed. solid joke about a terrible moment for spurs fans. one of the best shots of duncan's career negated by that. damn that hurt.

People aren't defending Matt Barnes. It's just that more new information about Fisher came out. Everyone already knew Barnes was nuts.

t1 - he left his wife with no notice and 2 - is dating a former teammate's ex. those are both pretty crappy.

#2? I fail to see how that is crappy at all. The concept of any form of ownership or possession over ex's (especially when they are women) is shitty as fuck.

#2? I fail to see how that is crappy at all. The concept of any form of ownership or possession over ex's (especially when they are women) is shitty as fuck.

Especially when Barnes had been tweeting about starting to date Rihanna. He's allowed to move on but his soon to be ex wife can't?

Spurs open pre season against sac town tomorrow and are already sitting the #olds. Parker, duncan, manu, boris.

Mills, Green, Leonard, West, Aldridge is a good starting lineup.

matt barnes is an idiot

but it is also generally questionable to start dating your friends ex wife

Especially when Barnes had been tweeting about starting to date Rihanna. He's allowed to move on but his soon to be ex wife can't?

Not about possession. Guess I am assuming in a small fraternity of people you won't date your friends ex. But, they might not be friends.

Guess I was not clear. "Soon to be" to me implies Fisher and said ex were stepping out (of their respective relationships). That's shitty under any definition but they are free to do it and with whomever they want.

Agree, but why "Especially when they are women"?

Although the time spans (for all parties frankly) seem a little time-compressed here. Fisher filed for divorce 7 months ago.. maybe I am stupid but seems really early to be dating someone from across the country.

Agree, but why "Especially when they are women"?

Because we don't have the same history of women brutally abusing their exs at the same level as we have of men doing that. This concept of ownership of ex-partners is far more ingrained with masculinity, and especially an abusive form of it.

Thabo was found not guilty. Now it's time to see the heck out of the NYPD.

so hey guys I still really need one more bro for dat fantasy hoops league, we got mdmh and kory and demondeaconz (and BREWS????), come at me

Last edited:
Clear yo PMs then

jellojiggle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back