• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games for 2nd failed PED test.

Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games for 2nd failed PED test.

You mean the guy who never hit more than 20 home runs through his age 35 season, but then did it 3 years in a row at 36, 37 and 38 is on roids? No way.

Bro would have been out of baseball after his 2012 season (in which he also got busted), made $17 million the last three years by using, no reason not to at this point. Same with Dee Gordon.

So, Mookie Betts hit three home runs last night in Baltimore. Batting now in the top of the 3rd. Hit a bomb in each of the first two innings tonight. Homers in 5 of his last 7 at bats.

So, Mookie Betts hit three home runs last night in Baltimore. Batting now in the top of the 3rd. Hit a bomb in each of the first two innings tonight. Homers in 5 of his last 7 at bats.

He has 42 RBI in the leadoff spot!

You mean the guy who never hit more than 20 home runs through his age 35 season, but then did it 3 years in a row at 36, 37 and 38 is on roids? No way.

Bro would have been out of baseball after his 2012 season (in which he also got busted), made $17 million the last three years by using, no reason not to at this point. Same with Dee Gordon.

Def no downside for guys like this. I would imagine the solution is more frequent testing with guarantees that contracts can be voided. It will be interesting to see what evolves during the next round of collective bargaining.

Phillies have crashed back to reality. Baseball Prospectus predicts the Phils will have a worse record than the Braves from this point forward (which I don't agree with).

Def no downside for guys like this. I would imagine the solution is more frequent testing with guarantees that contracts can be voided. It will be interesting to see what evolves during the next round of collective bargaining.

Yep - otherwise whats the point? Either police it for real or let em do what they want. Asterisks and other bs is stupid.

Phillies have crashed back to reality. Baseball Prospectus predicts the Phils will have a worse record than the Braves from this point forward (which I don't agree with).

2-10 over their last 12 - losing 6 straight to the Cubs and Nats is not bad, agree they won't be that bad - but they need another warm body to take Adam Morgans spot in the rotation, he is terribad.

If April didn't exist, here's what the baseball world would be talking about

Sample headline: There is nothing unusual going on with the Astros

Sample text:

The Houston Astros are 17-12 and a half-game out of first place in the AL West. This is a weird idea for an article, but my editor insisted for some reason. Okay, we'll try to make it work.

The AL West might be the best race in baseball, with the Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, and Astros all at the top, playing well. This is pretty much what we expected before the season started, with the only real surprise is that the Mariners are hitting like the '76 Reds. Still, this is about what we expected?

Where's the hook? Why is this news? Sometimes I don't get this job.

There are reasons for the rest of the league to be scared, too. Carlos Correa has slumped for most of the month. Dallas Keuchel has been mostly forgettable, and so has Lance McCullers. All of those players could catch fire.

When they do, they'll support a pitching staff that leads the American League in FIP and the world in WAR. The Doug Fister gamble looks like the offseason's greatest steal. Jose Altuve and George Springer are good enough to carry a lineup, but that's ignoring the contributions of Jason Castro and Luis Valbuena, who might be All-Stars.

The Astros were in the postseason last year. Why should it be news that they're good again? I'll file this story, but I don't have to be happy about it.

We're hitting the West Coast in a few weeks and have a chance to catch a Dodgers (v. Nats), Giants (v. Phils), and Mariners (v. Pirates) game.

Anyone familiar with any of those three parks? Best place to sit? Best things to eat?

We're hitting the West Coast in a few weeks and have a chance to catch a Dodgers (v. Nats), Giants (v. Phils), and Mariners (v. Pirates) game.

Anyone familiar with any of those three parks? Best place to sit? Best things to eat?

Along those lines, what's the best spot at US Cellular? Wrigley?

2-10 over their last 12 - losing 6 straight to the Cubs and Nats is not bad, agree they won't be that bad - but they need another warm body to take Adam Morgans spot in the rotation, he is terribad.

Morgan was supposed to be in AAA ball, learning how to really pitch, this year, but Charlie Morton's season ending injury moved his timetable up a year. The results so far show that he wasn't really ready.

Family trip? At Safeco Field, my brother (mid-20's) buys a ticket and either hangs out in the centerfield bullpen or Edgar's Cantina behind the left field scoreboard with his friends. I like sitting in the right field bleachers because it's the warmest part of the park. It's typically in the sun. If Felix is throwing, sit in the King's Court. Otherwise, cheap tickets can be had down the first and thrid baseline in the lower level.

Great comeback win for the M's last night.

James Shields to the White Sox for a couple of minor leaguers. Interesting to see how much they have to pay of his remaining contract.

Yeah, I doubt that too (and not just b/c they're maybe about to sweep the Brewers). Their power arms will win them some games

James Shields to the White Sox for a couple of minor leaguers. Interesting to see how much they have to pay of his remaining contract.

Nor did the Pads shed the majority of Shields’ contract – they will cover about $31 million of the $58 million that is owed the veteran right-hander, according to major-league sources.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...x-san-diego-padres-trade-ken-rosenthal-060516

Fernando Tatis, Jr. was one of the minor leaguers. I remember when his pops hit two Grand Slams in an inning.

Back