• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

I sat Bortles in favor of Jameis/Carr. RAGRETS
But it's okay in another league I started Bortles and Telvin Smith and am in the driver's seat in that matchup.

I sat Bortles in favor of Jameis/Carr. RAGRETS
But it's okay in another league I started Bortles and Telvin Smith and am in the driver's seat in that matchup.

I dont blame you one bit. Bortles was fucking terrible last night. Even in the second half his throws were absolute garbage. Im glad he got me 30 pts but I dont think I can have any faith in starting him for the rest of the year. I may play him by matchup in games where I think they are going to get blown out because he is the king of garbage time.

Which QB to start?

Carson Palmer @ CAR
Derek Carr @ TBB

Palmer and his WR's are pretty banged up, but we know about Carolina's woes defending the pass.

Which QB to start?

Carson Palmer @ CAR
Derek Carr @ TBB

Palmer and his WR's are pretty banged up, but we know about Carolina's woes defending the pass.

I'm starting Palmer over Rivers in my league.

From this group, I need one RB and one Flex. Thoughts? Leaning Pryor and Gio at this point.

Pryor
Gio
J Stew
Gillislee

Got to love fantasy football

Scored 132.02 in one league. Won by 50.22 points.
Scored 132.12 in other league. Lost by 10.22 points. (because I benched Bortles and brought in Osweiler off FA like an IDIOT)

I have two of the top three TEs in my league (Reed and Bennett) and both have a bye this week. Not great.

Any sleeper pickup recs?

Doyle has been solid for me if he's still out in FA

What a week. Sat J Stew (22.5) and J Howard (28.2) and still ended up with 154 points.

I assume wise owners will be trying to trade Howard? Only need currently is upgrade at TE (Gates), or I could try to package with another RB or WR for an elite RB like Bell or Johnson?

I have two of the top three TEs in my league (Reed and Bennett) and both have a bye this week. Not great.

Any sleeper pickup recs?

Bennett's value has plummeted with the return of Gronk. Not sure you can get much trade value for him but I would trade instead of holding 3 TE on the roster this week with a FA pickup.

Thinking about abandoning Charles in my keeper league. Am I crazy for offering him up for Michael Thomas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bennett's value has plummeted with the return of Gronk. Not sure you can get much trade value for him but I would trade instead of holding 3 TE on the roster this week with a FA pickup.

Reed and Bennett (and Gronk) have injury problems so I'm probably keeping both.

My league starts nine players (plus D and K for a total of 11) and has nine bench spots (plus three IR) so I have room.

My God. How is anybody available in FA? Only 8 teams?

10 teams and there kind of aren't. Especially QBs since it is a two-QB league. One benefit is that FA money is real money so people that are out of it don't really make plays on people.

Charles to IR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start 3 (RB2, WR3, and FLEX):

Devonta Freeman @ TB
Mark Ingram @ SF
Devante Adams v IND
Willie Snead @ SF
Jordan Matthews @ NYG
Ryan Mathews @ NYG
Derrick Henry @ SD

I'm leaning towards Freeman/Adams/Ingram

Ingram is in the doghouse

Freeman, Adams (esp if Montgomery still has sickle cell issues), and Snead

Been a great day for my Fantasy League.

First...everyone has been bitching about the new site (myfantasyleague.com) all year and expecting me to answer every question they have instead of going to the GINORMOUS help and tutorial section (even though most everything is self explanatory)....

This after I had to basically pound their doors down to collect dues before the start of the season.

And then yesterday, I genuinely and sincerely bring up the discussion of what to do about players failing to edit lineups, since our playoffs start(ed) Week 12 and the two last place teams started players on BYE and IR this past week against Top 5 teams in the league, so, easy wins.

Just so happens I, and most of the other players, have played them at least once (we do double round robin) except for the 1st place team who got the main culprit this past week and again in 2 weeks.

The site we use has an option that allows a third party site to set the best lineup (based on a player's current roster) if a player hasn't set his lineup by kickoff of the Thursday night game. I also offered to just swap out bench players for anyone on BYE or IR for whatever teams forget (because I know it happens).

This created such a firestorm that I was somehow trying to cheat since I'm in 2nd place and that we should just let things play out.

But instead of ending it there, I tried to explain my rationale, and even that I had texted my opponent this last weekend that he had a DEF on BYE and an empty roster spot, so he should probably adjust that (this was at 11am Sunday)....and I get accused of cheating and abusing my power.

Long story short, I sent everyone their money back and told them all to fuck off...and after 6 years I'm done dealing with the Commissioner bullshit. Especially after spending money out of my own pocket to throw the last 3 draft parties.

So now I just have the Pit League and my 20th place team left to root for.

Football just got a lot less interesting.

That sucks, Slim.

Serious/money leagues need ironclad rules and ways to fairly amend them because people are awful.

Back