• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

You guys should just get byes for the first round of the playoffs. That is making this week much easier.

...or miss the playoffs entirely because you finished DFL despite scoring the 3rd most points in the league. It's fine. I'm clearly over it.

Nice, I wish. I finished 2nd, but no byes in my 14 team league.

What would y'all do with my roster this week?

Starters
QB: Cam Newton v SD
RB1: Spencer Ware v OAK
RB2: LaGarrette Blount v BAL
WR1: Jamison Crowder @ PHI
WR2: Kelvin Benjamin v SD
WR3: Sammy Watkins v PIT
TE: Ladarius Green @ BUF

Bench
QB: Andy Dalton @ CLE
RB: Carlos Hyde v NYJ
WR: Rishard Matthews v DEN
WR: Allen Robinson v MIN
TE: Jordan Reed (probably INJ) @ PHI

I don't like the idea of starting Benjamin (inconsistent) and Watkins (injury), but Matthews and Robinson have pretty miserable matchups this week. Do I trust Cam against a crap defense or go for the "safer" play with Dalton? Blount has a tough matchup, but is virtually guaranteed touches, which means that I should keep Hyde and his mediocre matchup on the bench, right?

Play Hyde over Blount. Especially if it's any form of PPR, but even if not, play him over Blount. Blount's snap count and usage has gone down, and this is far more of a Dion Lewis/James Davis type game against a stout BAL run D.

And Reed looking like he'll play just an fyi. If he is active, you've got to play him.

Pick two: Ingram at Bucs, Tate vs Bears, Moncrief vs Texans

Moncrief v. Houston or T. Gabriel @ LA?

Obvious play seems to be Moncrief, but while he's scoring TDs, his yardage is down. In our league you get .5ppr and 1pt/5yds instead of the usual 10, so yardage points can build up. Gabriel has scored 20+ pts in 4 of the last 5 weeks (including one 34 pt game), but just scored 11 last week.

Moncrief has scored a TD in each of the last 4 weeks, but hasn't topped 18 pts.

Obvious play seems to be Moncrief, but while he's scoring TDs, his yardage is down. In our league you get .5ppr and 1pt/5yds instead of the usual 10, so yardage points can build up. Gabriel has scored 20+ pts in 4 of the last 5 weeks (including one 34 pt game), but just scored 11 last week.

This is one of those choices where I look at my other starters to see if I think I need a higher ceiling or if I want a higher floor.

If you think you need a higher ceiling because you are the underdog in the matchup, I'd roll the dice and play Gabriel.

If you think you are the favorite due to other players you're starting, then go with Moncrief to get more assured production where you in all likelihood won't get a goose egg.

Ingram/Tate

That's where I'm leaning. Tate was a no show and Moncrief was out for so long. Tough to win in a 20 team league if your 3rd and 4th round picks basically play half a season. I've barely played Moncrief.

Gabriel. Rams secondary isn't great and it'll be busy with Julio. I also don't trust Moncrief at this stage.

That's where I'm leaning. Tate was a no show and Moncrief was out for so long. Tough to win in a 20 team league if your 3rd and 4th round picks basically play half a season. I've barely played Moncrief.

This is where I'm at, too, though Ingram has had a few monster games here and there. I struck gold on some early season wire-pickups and got lucky that DMurray was so underrated on draft boards. Benjamin, who I drafted way too early it turns out, has been a bust, too. I've gotten more value from wire pickups like Crowder and RMatthews.

Last edited:
Struggling with my TE/WR setup this week. I can start 3 of these - who would you pick:

BMarshall @ 49ers
SWatkins vs Steelers
Cameron Brate vs Saints
Greg Olsen vs Chargers

Ive got Marshall, Watkins & Olsen now - but really struggling about benching Brate. I can start any 3 in any combination.

Brate is a must start among those. He's been great down the stretch. I'd sit Marshall or Watkins. Similar ceilings and Marshall with a slightly higher floor.

Moncrief didn't register a single point today. Glad I didn't start him.

I went against leveon and had Melvin Gordon. Needless to say I am going to lose but I played atl d and would have beaten anyone else in the league but the team I played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back