• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Oh bullshit. The refs let them play for the most part. There was an insane amount of holding by the NCSU OL and secondary. Both sides could point to missed calls, but I've never seen such fucking babies. Doeren crying about a laptop, Chubb stealing our QB's towel multiple times, players saying they knew all week that they would have to beat the refs, a State staffer trying to smack the ball out of a Clemson player's hand, and fans spitting on the refs after the game...

Bottom line, we were so depleted in the secondary that we had to play a WR back there at times, and switch players around. You think Clemson wanted to play that soft coverage that allowed Finley to throw all day? State has a very experienced team, and was playing at home. The stars aligned perfectly, and State has nothing to show for it but a bunch of childish behavior and conspiracy theories. Louisville fans don't even whine as much as Pack fans. State didn't lose because the refs were protecting Clemson, they lost because Clemson beat them. They lost because Doeren has no balls and punted on fourth and one st the fifty yard line. They lost because Finley didn't let his receivers get set after an audible. Pack fans need to take the tinfoil hat off.

Tin tin covered most of how I felt in his response to this. NCSU fans aren't griping about the pass interference calls on us or the illegal shift penalty at the end. That was legit. Would just be nice to have the plays in the secondary called both ways. Two weeks in a row that State can't touch an opposing WR yet opposing secondaries are allowed to play us extremely physical. As for The NCSU OL holding all game that's laughable. NCSU OL outplayed the vaunted Clemson DL all game, lets not make excuses for that. All in all just disappointing to play a team as good as Clemson the last two years and be as good as if not better than them in those two games and come away 0-2. I fully expect to fold the rest of the season and finish 1-2 unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

As for fan response and whining Clemson needs to get over themselves. Never seen a group of normally good fans get so whiny and pompous after an amazing run since Dabo took over. Much too similar to UNC fans now. The article written on the Clemson Rivals site was incredibly fun and sad for all the wrong reasons.

Tin tin covered most of how I felt in his response to this. NCSU fans aren't griping about the pass interference calls on us or the illegal shift penalty at the end. That was legit. Would just be nice to have the plays in the secondary called both ways. Two weeks in a row that State can't touch an opposing WR yet opposing secondaries are allowed to play us extremely physical. As for The NCSU OL holding all game that's laughable. NCSU OL outplayed the vaunted Clemson DL all game, lets not make excuses for that. All in all just disappointing to play a team as good as Clemson the last two years and be as good as if not better than them in those two games and come away 0-2. I fully expect to fold the rest of the season and finish 1-2 unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

As for fan response and whining Clemson needs to get over themselves. Never seen a group of normally good fans get so whiny and pompous after an amazing run since Dabo took over. Much too similar to UNC fans now. The article written on the Clemson Rivals site was incredibly fun and sad for all the wrong reasons.

So you spit on the refs. Nice. Add that to urinating in your own stadium seats and throwing coins at fans at basketball games. Worst fan base in the ACC.

So you spit on the refs. Nice. Add that to urinating in your own stadium seats and throwing coins at fans at basketball games. Worst fan base in the ACC.

GTFO out of here on that. I didn't do anything. They ran through where the students were and it's clearly a drunk ass hole student. It's was a shitty thing to do and every NCSU fan is embarrassed by it. Each of the things you listed was done by students. Don't think we want to judge each fanbase by the students but you do you.

And if you don't think every fan base has drunk dumb fans I don't know what to tell you. I've had beer, coins, trash thrown at me at UNC, Duke, and Clemson games. Drunk people do dumb things, especially if they are drunk college kids in a mob mentality type of atmosphere.

I'm sensing a pattern. Perhaps Sumlin can take over at UCF after Frost heads to Nebraska.

There's going to be a huge bidding war. Depends on if he wants to go back to Nebraska.

I imagine some of the big boys will want to talk to Matt Campbell of Iowa State as well.

Chip Kelly doesn't like to recruit. I wonder if he will want to return to college. If so, Florida would be the place to go. Great talent and it's the weaker of the SEC divisions.

No, your OL and secondary held all game, and our WDE still had 12 tackles, including 5 for a loss. I'm sure we did too, but don't pretend it was one sided. Go watch the game again and realize both teams got away with a lot.

Here's an excerpt from an article written Sunday by the North State Journal in reference to the treatment of the refs and whining after the game...

What did the referees do to earn such abusive treatment? They called an illegal blocking penalty that wiped out a seven-yard run for the game’s go-ahead touchdown.

No, never mind. That’s not right. That was the call they made against Clemson, late in the third quarter.

What the referees did was call a pass interference penalty on a third-down stop that allowed the other team to score the go-ahead touchdown two plays later.

No, wait. That’s not right either. That call went against Clemson too, right before Jaylen Samuels scored NC State’s second touchdown.

When do we start arguing about what 2 loss team gets into the play-offs? I'm rooting for chaos down the stretch. Wiscy getting blown out in the Big 10 championship game. The TCU/OU loser winning a rematch in the Big 12 championship game. ND getting a second loss. Washington getting a second loss. UGa losing to Auburn and then the SEC game.

I really don't think you're going to have to argue in favor of a two-loss team making the playoff.

Scott Frost isn't going back to Nebraska, it isn't even a Top 25 job anymore. They no longer have access to Texas, which was a fertile recruiting area during their Big XII days. Moving to the Big 10 to be an after thought to O$U and Michigan was such a dumb move.

Mop up points. I'm sure he put the back ups in earlier than against most teams. The game was over at 34-10.

Actually, according to ND fans on their board, he kept the starters in practically the whole game.

Back