• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Woj tweeted the Tony Snell deal at exactly 12:00, and his handle changed to @wojespn on it's own... prolly a blue checkmark bennie

eta: and went on a tweet storm of deals. notably patty mills stays in san antonio for 4/$50mm. but what about dejounte???

Last edited:
Ugh. I really like Patty but that's a weird move especially after drafting a combo guard. It's probably less than market value though.

livingston back to the dubs on 3/$24mm. c'mon guys no one out there to overpay livingston to take one for the team. fuck.

Ainge is looking like a scaredy cat.

My God that return is so bad for Indiana.

Ugh. I really like Patty but that's a weird move especially after drafting a combo guard. It's probably less than market value though.

derrick white should not play into any decisions the spurs make in FA

jeff teague's 3 year/$57mm deal with the Twolves will put him at $100mm earned in his career.

And to think he was drafted 19th!!! should have stayed another year amirite.

and Marquis is the starting PG of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants

Livingston stays in GS 3yrs/$24M. He had to have left money on the table. This wasn't about staying under the cap. Lacob owes Livingston millions in luxury taxes.

It's not overpaying him to get $12-15M/year in this market.

Wow, I don't get the sense Windhorst likes Woj.

lol, zero eye contact that whole segment. Ramona was the only one who finally looked over at him.

DDn3_K_UIAATOCw.jpg:large

i mean they've been rivals their entire careers and one of their best buds marc stein just got canned to make room for him and this was literally the first minute he was officially on the team

They said Houston has an $11M exception. If they can trade Anderson, they can have enough to add Ibaka and another player.

T'wolves should be in the playoffs and could really jump in with both feet.

Where did ESPN get this crew of idiots? The slob on the end looks like Jonah Hill with a haircut and bad suit, and that woman is absolutely repulsive. They make Rachel Nichols' nose look like it was made for TV by comparison.

i'm honestly not a fan at all of woj on tv. like him way more as this semi-mysterious entity spitting out bombs on the twitters.

brian windhorst's story is actually pretty nuts. he covered lebron's high school team for the akron paper for all 4 years lebron was there and developed a relationship with him, then got hired to the cleveland paper when he got drafted by the cavs, then got hired by espn a few years later as lebron blew up because of his access, and now is a big time NBA reporter for ESPN all because of Bron.

Repulsive woman is Ramona Shelburne who has the best connections in the entire NBA with Lakers for some reason (probably tight with Jeanie Buss is my guess) and that's enough to be important.

during one of the playoff Lowe post podcasts I was shocked at how much of a condescending prick windhorst was being to Ramona. I think that's just how he is

I'm totally fine with this. The last time Tony was out for an extended period, Patty did a hell of a job. He's earned it.

Back