• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

So the guy who has been an all star, won a championship, and been in 3 finals by the age of 25 is a "maybe." The guy who has not played an NBA game, has a crazy family, and has one of the worst looking shots for a PG in the league is the for sure future. Makes sense. Not saying I would do the move or not but that logic is pretty bananas.

Very few players get healthier as they age. If in his four years since HS, a player has been out for major time in four of those years, his health has to be a question. If Kyrie had been healthy, it would be a different story.

As to Ball, I defer to Magic on a player's court vision, ball handling and leadership. It's not bananas to listen to Magic who is putting his future in the hands of Lonzo.

Ball's father is totally irrelevant to anything.

I think Ball has a chance to be a good pro and Magic obviously thinks the same. But I already do know that Kyrie is an all star level pro so calling him the maybe and Lonzo the future doesn't make any sense to me right now.

I think Ball has a chance to be a good pro and Magic obviously thinks the same. But I already do know that Kyrie is an all star level pro so calling him the maybe and Lonzo the future doesn't make any sense to me right now.

As most say, the most important ability is availability. It's is a maybe that he'll be on the court when you need him. If this was three years from now and he had played 75+ games/year in each of those year, his status would be different. But at this point, his playing over 70% of your team's games is a big maybe.

He's also a guy who doesn't want to play with the best player on the planet and take more shots than that player did. Taking the 6th most shots/game in the entire league, on finals team wasn't enough for him. Does he care about the success of a team or only personal accolades?

He plays little to no on top of that.

Sorry, unless all I'm trying to do is draw fans to bad-mediocre team, I'm not sure I want him unless I'm a coach like Pop who might control him. I certainly wouldn't mortgage my future for him.

4960lr8jaecz.jpg

Good for him. Being from upstate NY, I always rooted for Tyler and was disappointed that I felt like he got kind of a raw deal at Wake.

Good for him. Being from upstate NY, I always rooted for Tyler and was disappointed that I felt like he got kind of a raw deal at Wake.

How did he get a raw deal at Wake? Danny nearly begged him to stay.

How did he get a raw deal at Wake? Danny nearly begged him to stay.

Wasn't really referring to his departure... More the fact that he had to play more minutes than he was probably ready for in a role that didn't really fit with his skill set. Under Bz.

I remember him being an unathletic stiff, how on earth is he on an NBA teams radar?

Pelton projects Le Bone's Hawks as the worst team in the league next year. On my phone, don't know how to link.

Seeing the Dream Team anniversary, I was thinking that a young David Robinson may be the only guy who would have a chance to cover KD. At 7'1, being extremely long and very quick, the Admiral might have had the best shot to slow KD down. KD would still get his, but it would be a little more difficult.

As great a defender as Lebron has been, he's just not big enough or long enough.
Anthony Davis, young Garnett are two off the top of my head who could defend KD 1 on 1. Problem is both dudes have to defend bigs.

Back