• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

I'm in semi-retirement. I was falling out of the A game and the other games are dangerous. It's not that they play dirty. It's that they don't know the nuances of how play hard without causing unneeded contact, etc.

I had been using Asics or whatever was on sale. :)

I got the Tim spidey shoes from one of the guys we played with who works for Nike. Man, those shoes were ugggggly and the most uncomfortable shoes I had ever worn. They are somewhere in a closet.

Tims shoes were adidas

At $150-200 a pair, they can be shoes or sneakers... :)

BTW, love that you pick on that rather than how wrong Smidge and Wrangor are...

rj, you would feel meaningless without your persecution complex so just embrace it dude

Seeing the Dream Team anniversary, I was thinking that a young David Robinson may be the only guy who would have a chance to cover KD. At 7'1, being extremely long and very quick, the Admiral might have had the best shot to slow KD down. KD would still get his, but it would be a little more difficult.

As great a defender as Lebron has been, he's just not big enough or long enough.

Seeing the Dream Team anniversary, I was thinking that a young David Robinson may be the only guy who would have a chance to cover KD. At 7'1, being extremely long and very quick, the Admiral might have had the best shot to slow KD down. KD would still get his, but it would be a little more difficult.

As great a defender as Lebron has been, he's just not big enough or long enough.

KD about to get shut down in 2017

Harry-Giles-Blocks-A-Shot-For-Duke-And-Will-Go-Early-In-2017-NBA-Draft.jpg

Would either side say no to a Lonzo + Deng for Kyrie trade? If so, what about Ingram + Deng for Kyrie?

I don't think the Lakers would package Lonzo for anything less than a top tier player at this point. Especially with Ingram.

Would either side say no to a Lonzo + Deng for Kyrie trade? If so, what about Ingram + Deng for Kyrie?

Why would the Lakers want a guy who has missed over 28% of his games in each of half of his NBA seasons over a young, healthy player?

Kyrie has not been durable. You don't trade away your future for a maybe.

Why would the Lakers want a guy who has missed over 28% of his games in each of half of his NBA seasons over a young, healthy player?

Kyrie has not been durable. You don't trade away your future for a maybe.

So the guy who has been an all star, won a championship, and been in 3 finals by the age of 25 is a "maybe." The guy who has not played an NBA game, has a crazy family, and has one of the worst looking shots for a PG in the league is the for sure future. Makes sense. Not saying I would do the move or not but that logic is pretty bananas.

Back