• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My condolences to the Florida State football team. They earned the opportunity to compete in the college football championship playoff.

This is the second time I have beeen absolutely astonished by a decision of a leadership group of college athletics. The NCAA decision not to punish UNC for 20+ years of academic fraud was the first. I guess you never get too old to be surprised.

Last edited:
The “best” teams are

Michigan
Georgia
Ohio State
Alabama

Washington isn’t even the best team on the West Coast. Oregon would be favored over them, again, on a neutral field. Eventually they’d win! But neither of those teams are as good as the four listed.
Yeah, Oregon is better than Washington, the only problem is they keep losing to them. :facepalm:

My condolences to the Florida State football team. They earned the opportunity to compete in the college football championship playoff.

This is the second time I have beeen absolutely astonished by a decision of a leadership group of college athletics. The NCAA decision not to punish UNC for 20+ years of academic fraud was the first. I guess you never get too old to be surprised.

I think we’ve all been Wake fans long enough to know Tarholes will always skate by without any consequences 😉

Hold up, so SOS doomed undefeated FSU but Liberty has an incredibly weak SOS and they got in over SMU who only lost to two P5 programs?

Oh and three teams Wake beat last season are in NY6 bowls this season.
” How could you tell those kids from Liberty who didn’t lose all year, they didn’t get in over a team that couldn’t say that?” FSU…..1701639886212.jpeg

FSU is right to bitch. If UGA had won, there would be no excuses made for including FSU. None. They'd have them as a 4 against UGA-- it absolutely would not have been Texas. When Texas popped up at #3, it was apparent what they had done. They just didn't have the balls to leave out an SEC champ. Everything that they feared would happen actually happened. Another year and they'd have no worries about such a scenario.

That having been said, this is probably the right matchup of teams and when UGA beats a Travis-less FSU, people will largely forget about it and we go smoothly sailing into a 12 team playoff starting next year.

FSU is right to bitch. If UGA had won, there would be no excuses made for including FSU. None. They'd have them as a 4 against UGA-- it absolutely would not have been Texas. When Texas popped up at #3, it was apparent what they had done. They just didn't have the balls to leave out an SEC champ. Everything that they feared would happen actually happened. Another year and they'd have no worries about such a scenario.

That having been said, this is probably the right matchup of teams and when UGA beats a Travis-less FSU, people will largely forget about it and we go smoothly sailing into a 12 team playoff starting next year.
Yeah, I agree with the first part. Texas needs to send Bama something nice for Christmas because they owe their spot a lot more to Alabama winning yesterday, then winning yesterday themselves.

I don’t care about FSU. I do hate the Big 10 and SEC. They each have two teams and a pile of shit.
Funny you say that because the SEC has five teams in the Top 13 and the Big Ten has three in the Top 10. Meanwhile the lowly ACC has only one in Top 10 and two in Top 15.

Of the committee rankings. Why would I trust that? The ACC had the best OOC record against the P5. That’s what matters.
You’re wrong dixie, results of games don’t matter it’s the opinions of the “experts.” The WWE and professional wrestling no longer have a monopoly on what is “sports entertainment.”

Liberty can run the ball.

They will eat the clock.

Don't think it will be 45 to 7 or total blowout.
It may not be a blowout, depends on how Oregon responds. Friday night they had a great chance to get into the playoff and less than 2 days later they’re playing in a no win game against Liberty. How much will Oregon care and how many of their guys don’t even play?

Thanks man. It sucks but definitely not end of the world. While I don’t see the need of playing Uga in OB, I don’t believe in a mythical championship and although I live near it, I’m not gonna storm the cfb hall of fame. I never even said we were best four. I just hated the politicking, inconsistencies and denigration of what has been a good comeback by fsu. It wasn’t that long ago that we had our coach leave for tamu and after all the years of hearing sec fans and finebaum hate him, I had to listen how great he was (which he wasnt) all while we were in a huge fn hole he put us in. Then we began this season hearing how we should have hired Deion when the key piece is story where he didn’t have a degree was reason was omitted.

So we get to today and the committee puts us 5th so they can create a production and suspense for espn and capture all those sad faces and now embraces us playing UGA in the OB after saying yesterday they didn’t wanna see fsu get killed by UGA, Bama, etc.

Finallly, I love the ACC, The 8 and 9 team ACC and although, i understand the nervousness of the FSU, I hated what happened in the preseason especially the timing and I don’t blame a small yet elite, private school like Wake who has had to fight, claw and scratch for everything they accomplish for hating FSU and being annoyed and although I suffered with you a majority of my life, I guess today was a reminder of what it felt like. I just pray when the time comes again and it’s a Wake, Duke, Hell Army, they don’t get screwed out of the actual playoffs cause that would suck more than this does.
It’s just another way Alabama and their Senator are screwing you over my brother.

My daughter went there. Transitive fandom is a fun thing, especially with your kids. Maybe take a troll break sometime and give it a try.
He doesn’t have anybody who loves him so he doesn’t have any transitive fandom to take on

How many more fucking times does UW need to beat Oregon before people will accept they are the better team?
I’m just pointing out how much bullshit is involved in relying on who is “better” vs who is more deserving. If the Committee is going to go through the bullshit exercise of stressing analytics over actual performance, go all the way.

And maybe….maybe….the committee is relying just a bit too much on analytics and not enough on who actually wins the games.

Back