• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

Miami is playing like they know they're undefeated in the ACC and are scared to death they're going to lose one. They were so tight against UVA you couldn't have pulled a pin out of their ass with a tractor.

Yep. Which doesn't really make sense when no one has a chance to catch and pass them for the ACC regular season title.

I'm obviously a Wake Forest fan. I find posters who regularly post on another teams message board to be pretty sad. (this doesn't apply to you though since you grew up a Wake fan apparently)

I have seen State fans every year get jealous and pissed off at the ACC's flavor of the month (BC a few years ago, FSU/UVA last year, Miami this year), saying that team won't make it far in the NCAAs, they aren't that good and that it should be State in that position.

My mistake then. And i'm sorry that you see me as a jealous NCSU fan, the fact of the matter is that I just don't think Miami will make a deep tourney run :noidea:

That's completely different than my misguided hope that NCSU will make a FF.

CJ's senior day may be for a share of last place.

Again.

Think about that.

Hate to say it, but that's on CJ. He's not been money in crunch time. At this point, staff should be insisting that Travis takes our last shot. CJ simply hasn't gotten it done.

This may be your worst post.

Well Travis can't create for himself at all so that's probably not a good option.

Hate to say it, but that's on CJ. He's not been money in crunch time. At this point, staff should be insisting that Travis takes our last shot. CJ simply hasn't gotten it done.

Honestly can't tell if this is a joke.

Such a conflicted feeling about Saturday. It's pretty awkward for much of the fan base. More Wake fans or Reggie family/friends at the game?

One of the angriest sports memories of my life was the last time Miami played at Wake, when Reggie torched us and taunted the student section & fans. He had so many family members and friends at that game.

This may be your worst post.

That's saying something. You can't honestly say I haven't had worser posts???

How many shots has CJ missed in the last minute this year? He missed a layup against VT, I've blocked out BC, and he made some terrible choices against GTech. Travis, on the other hand, has hit some huge 3s in the last minute or few minutes of games over the last few months. I'd drive and dish to him. He's as good as CJ at getting fouled. Plus, our opponents know CJ is going to take the shot and guess what, he ain't MJ. He can't create a good shot against two defenders and he is not a good passer out of the double team.

First 36 minutes though, he's very good. Except for the stupid frosh-esque turnovers he's prone to make.

That's saying something. You can't honestly say I haven't had worser posts???

How many shots has CJ missed in the last minute this year? He missed a layup against VT, I've blocked out BC, and he made some terrible choices against GTech. Travis, on the other hand, has hit some huge 3s in the last minute or few minutes of games over the last few months. I'd drive and dish to him. He's as good as CJ at getting fouled. Plus, our opponents know CJ is going to take the shot and guess what, he ain't MJ. He can't create a good shot against two defenders and he is not a good passer out of the double team.

First 36 minutes though, he's very good. Except for the stupid frosh-esque turnovers he's prone to make.

You're blocking out the quick shots Travis took against BC when we were up 7 that essentially kept a minute that we could've wasted. Travis did hit the three to give us the lead against Tech, but also missed one with 30 seconds left that would have won it.

He cannot create his own shot as well as CJ either. The best bet would be to run a real play instead of an isolation, which we tried against Duke, but to the wrong player.

I'm sure Bzz calls CJ's number again and again in end game situations based on his game winning layup and Nebraska last year. I thought Codi should have been the one to attack the basket at BC and last Saturday against GTech. He's quicker with the ball and could get into the lane. Maybe draw a foul, or get a shot up that can be put back in if it misses.

Miami is probably not going to get beat in the second round of the tournament. Also playing Clemson and UVA is tough because of the drastic slowdown those teams force.

Duke @ Virginia Tech tonight. Hokies are 15 point dogs, 11. Game is on ESPN at 9.

Any hope for the Hokies in this one to cover? I haven't watched them play this year, and my brother (a VT alum) doesn't give 2 shits about basketball. I remember they had a big win against Duke up there a few years back, but I think that squad was much better than this one.

Maybe just maybe Virginia Tech should've recruited a Curry?

All five minutes of the Gobbler game was fun. Back to the Accenture on the Golf Channel.

Maybe just maybe Virginia Tech should've recruited a Curry?

What happened there? They just let two sons of their greatest basketball player go to Davidson and Liberty and they ended up being great players.

I seem to remember that both sons wanted to play at VPI. I would guess that Greenburg was slow to warm to them and by the time he came around he did not make any friends.

Stephen got an offer to walk on I think. Not sure how he screwed up the second one.

Back