• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

Damn. Crappy ending. Blown cover and a dumb pass.

How the hell do you ignore a Mack truck standing in the lane in that situation?

I enjoyed that second half more than I've enjoyed college basketball in a long time.

We could've had Larranaga, Johnson, and Larkin. Ugh.

You just have to know we are going to beat Miami. We are tottering on the edge and beating #2 Miami would get Bzz his extension. I think the last thing anyone, who is completely focused on Bzz getting fired this year, wanted is for a highly ranked, undefeated in the ACC Miami coming to town.

The only way this could be worse is if IU had lost tonight and Miami was #1 in waiting.

Or we lose by 40.

Such a conflicted feeling about Saturday. It's pretty awkward for much of the fan base. More Wake fans or Reggie family/friends at the game?

Funny how UVa plays slow down until the very end of the game.

PS Maryland is toast up in Boston

Just think. If VT can manage to win a couple of games to close out the season, we can finish tied for last! AGAIN!

Just think. If VT can manage to win a couple of games to close out the season, we can finish tied for last! AGAIN!

CJ's senior day may be for a share of last place.

Again.

Think about that.

At various points during this FSU / NCSt game, the announcers have referred to both teams as "bubble" teams. I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Lol that's great. FSU is toast, and NCSU is closer to a top 4 seed than a bubble team. And i'm calling it now, Miami is toast in the 2nd round of the NCAA's just they type of season it's been for them. All of their close wins will catch up to them.

You just have to know we are going to beat Miami. We are tottering on the edge and beating #2 Miami would get Bzz his extension. I think the last thing anyone, who is completely focused on Bzz getting fired this year, wanted is for a highly ranked, undefeated in the ACC Miami coming to town.

The only way this could be worse is if IU had lost tonight and Miami was #1 in waiting.

Or we lose by 40.

Yep- If we beat #2 Miami, which is a very real possibility given how poorly they've been playing recently, I won't know whether to storm the court or slit my wrists?!

Lol that's great. FSU is toast, and NCSU is closer to a top 4 seed than a bubble team. And i'm calling it now, Miami is toast in the 2nd round of the NCAA's just they type of season it's been for them. All of their close wins will catch up to them.

It's all about matchups.

Why would they catch up with them? If anything it teaches them not to panic when things get tough.

What a surprise another insecure NCSU fan.

Why would they catch up with them? If anything it teaches them not to panic when things get tough.

We shall see. Not like Miami is the only team playing close games this season. Just don't think they will make it very far in the NCAA's.

What a surprise another insecure NCSU fan.

Aren't you a MD fan? Lolz. And what am I insecure about? We are in the NCAA tourney, and I firmly believe we will make a run to end the year and play well in the NCAA's, just like we did last year. Blinded by school spirit? Probably. Insecure? Far from it.

Miami is playing like they know they're undefeated in the ACC and are scared to death they're going to lose one. They were so tight against UVA you couldn't have pulled a pin out of their ass with a tractor.

Aren't you a MD fan? Lolz. And what am I insecure about? We are in the NCAA tourney, and I firmly believe we will make a run to end the year and play well in the NCAA's, just like we did last year. Blinded by school spirit? Probably. Insecure? Far from it.

I'm obviously a Wake Forest fan. I find posters who regularly post on another teams message board to be pretty sad. (this doesn't apply to you though since you grew up a Wake fan apparently)

I have seen State fans every year get jealous and pissed off at the ACC's flavor of the month (BC a few years ago, FSU/UVA last year, Miami this year), saying that team won't make it far in the NCAAs, they aren't that good and that it should be State in that position.

Back