• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread

What's the standard for being a professional?

Pretty much like Fckwls said, paying self employment taxes. The benefits being deductions and being able to net your wins and losses. Technically if you aren't a professional and you win say $5,000 playing DFS but total entry fees are $50,000 (meaning 10% profit), you need to claim $50,000 in winnings and $45,000 in losses, and need to keep a record of every thing you win and lose. Not being a professional allows some ridiculousness where you can only win $5k, but without record keeping the IRS could claim you won $50k, and disallow your losses.

Which player/team screwed you guys today???

For me, it was the Saints. Expected so much more from them at home. My Bree's/WR stacks failed miserably today. Of course as a Panthers fan, at least there is a silver lining since they are now 0-2.

Have two current winning lineups but the big success right now is a Pitt stack (Big Ben, DeAngelo, & Antonio) plus Edelman & Crockett Gilmore. I didn't play a lot of money this week and now I'm regretting it as I sit top 10 in two smaller stakes tourneys plus on the winning side for ten 50/50s.

Have two current winning lineups but the big success right now is a Pitt stack (Big Ben, DeAngelo, & Antonio) plus Edelman & Crockett Gilmore. I didn't play a lot of money this week and now I'm regretting it as I sit top 10 in two smaller stakes tourneys plus on the winning side for ten 50/50s.

Just FYI, it worked today but in big tournaments you shouldn't play a RB on the same team as your QB (or even a WR really). The data shows that it limits your upside potential. It's fine in 50/50s etc.

Just FYI, it worked today but in big tournaments you shouldn't play a RB on the same team as your QB (or even a WR really). The data shows that it limits your upside potential. It's fine in 50/50s etc.
Yeah, I didn't mean to play that lineup in the tourney. I got caught up with my dogs this morning and clicked the 50/50 lineup for the tourney one by accident. My other tourney lineups stacked Brown & Roeth or Flacco & Smith (if I stacked)

Last edited:
I just bombed this weekend. Won $25 on like $60 entries.

Only won on Thurs/Fri CFB, Soccer on Saturday, and the early games of CFB. Everything else I just bombed.

Keenan Allen, Roddy White, Kendall Wright, Ameer Abdullah and the Rams/Dolphins DEF really just sucked.

Last edited:
I just bombed this weekend. Won $25 on like $60 entries.

Only won on Thurs/Fri CFB, Soccer on Saturday, and the early games of CFB. Everything else I just bombed.

Keenan Allen, Roddy White, Kendall Wright, Ameer Abdullah and the Rams/Dolphins DEF really just sucked.

Yep, those 2 D/ST's burned me as well.

The RB QB stack limiting upside is intuitive, interesting on the QB-WR or TE stack, You got a link to that data?

I've ready that should stack QB/WR every week. With the thought being that if you hit on a WR you're going to have his QB to go with him which would guarantee a lot of points. Adding a RB to that stack sounds like a terrible idea that worked out well this week due to an extreme circumstance.

Doing a few h2h baseball tonight. Only done a couple in the past. Any tips? Looks like pitchers are extremely valuable, then go for diamonds in the rough for the hitters.

What I want to know is how these "sharks" operate. One of the big winners on Draftkings rolled the dice on Larry Fitzgerald .He hasn't done squat in 2 -3 years but of course came up huge yesterday. Playing him this weekend means either the owner played a significant # of entries, is an AZ homer, super lucky, or is a hell of an analyst(was not a stack with Palmer, that would have made it look much more legit)

Really makes you wonder if there is not cheating going on similar to issues that online poker had.

What I want to know is how these "sharks" operate. One of the big winners on Draftkings rolled the dice on Larry Fitzgerald .He hasn't done squat in 2 -3 years but of course came up huge yesterday. Playing him this weekend means either the owner played a significant # of entries, is an AZ homer, super lucky, or is a hell of an analyst(was not a stack with Palmer, that would have made it look much more legit)

Really makes you wonder if there is not cheating going on similar to issues that online poker had.

How could there be cheating?

Lineups are locked at kickoff and you can see live stats for players on other teams as soon as their game starts.

It's not that crazy, they have lots lineups. I had Fitz in a lineup yesterday with a bunch of other lineups.

I take it back, looked deeper at the top 3-4 winners in tourney. All had BigBen/Deangelo/Brown together in lineups in addition to Fitz. Feels more like amateur hour. They just got lucky.

Are there any other good books/guides besides the one Nonny posted?

Ah, that would make sense

Yeah, QB/WR or QB and 2 pass catchers even is good in tournaments. I'd always do at least one pass catcher with your QB in tournaments. But it's marginal in 50/50s or Heads up matches.

Back