• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread

The problem I've seen with soccer is you need to be adjusting the lineup early Saturday morning. So if I were to get a lineup from you on Friday night, it's not worth much if it's not being tinkered with Saturday morning when we figure out who's starting.

This is correct. I actually don't even make my lineups/join contests until inside of an hour until the matches start. The difficult part with soccer (see: way to make money because beginners always mess this up) is that lineups are never what you expect them to be because of league matches, cup matches, and international dates. So people that make their lineups days in advance will almost always start players that aren't actually starting in the matches. My routine looks something like this:

1. Join a 1.00 H2H just to get a base lineup set.
2. Have RotoWire/Twitter up an hour before matches start
3. Wait for rosters to be confirmed
4. Pick lineup
5. Join contests

Here's what I sent my friend the other night (with end result), the guy has never watched a soccer match outside of the World Cup in his life:

rR1LGk7.png

maJOB3N.png

Last edited:
Thinking about getting into the game this weekend. Fan Duel or Draft Kings?

I want to play soccer and football

If you're cheap like me, Draft Kings has quarter plays, though week 1 I only won on Fan Duel.

Thinking about getting into the game this weekend. Fan Duel or Draft Kings?

I want to play soccer and football

DraftKings if you want soccer, not available on FanDuel. So that should make your decision easy.

DraftKings just announced they're picking up eSports, starting with League of Legends

Where's our video game nerds that can make us some cash?

had a good chance of winning big last night with mlb, but I got fucked when the Angels/Twins game got rained out and I lost trout and escobar. nonny, did you have an easy way to account for weather, etc?

I won $6 in a DK fantasy baseball thing I got free entry into. Woot!

Got EPL and college football going on today

Doing very well in EPL right now. Winning 6/7 of my H2Hs and placing in 4/4 of my tournaments with David Silva and another Man City defender still to play at 12:30. Potential for a great payout this morning.

how much you betting in h2h?

I'll bet any amount up to 100.00 as long as I know the player isn't a shark. I have a database built up of known sharks so I'll never play them.

I went lite with EPL this morning because I'm much better at MLS and there's a full slate tonihht.

And a 5.00 large game 50/50

Nope, no minimums. Most sites have restrictions to how you earn your bonus but you can cash out at any time.

If you have more than $600 of winnings from a site, they'll send you tax forms. You can also write off a great deal of things including cable TV, research subscriptions, etc.

The problem I've seen with soccer is you need to be adjusting the lineup early Saturday morning. So if I were to get a lineup from you on Friday night, it's not worth much if it's not being tinkered with Saturday morning when we figure out who's starting.

Can't you only write off things like cable and whatnot If you're a professional?

What's the standard for being a professional?

I believe if you are a professional you have to file a full schedule C and pay self employment taxes. Most folks should just throw a big score on the front of their 1040 as other income. And not take any deductions.

Back