• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Diamond Deacs Thread: Wake sweeps Clemson; ACCT starts Wednesday

Well they didn't look like a good hitting team today either did they? You just like to be a hater.

You like to be an obnoxious little fanboy. This was a bad loss when our ace pitched a very good game. Spin away, fanboy.

You like to be an obnoxious little fanboy. This was a bad loss when our ace pitched a very good game. Spin away, fanboy.

I don't see how I'm being an obnoxious fanboy. You just like to be an absolute hater. Clearly this was a bad loss when we pitched a good game. You said that it would be tough to win the series when their batting is so good right after you used the fact that they've only given up fewer than two runs once all year to make us look bad. It sucks that we lost 1-0 but it happens. Why would it be much more difficult for us to win the next two games given that we have good hitting and good pitching simply because their hitting is so good that we're not going to be able to overcome it?

You just love to shit on the program like you have this entire thread.

I don't see how I'm being an obnoxious fanboy. You just like to be an absolute hater. Clearly this was a bad loss when we pitched a good game. You said that it would be tough to win the series when their batting is so good right after you used the fact that they've only given up fewer than two runs once all year to make us look bad. It sucks that we lost 1-0 but it happens. Why would it be much more difficult for us to win the next two games given that we have good hitting and good pitching simply because their hitting is so good that we're not going to be able to overcome it?

You just love to shit on the program like you have this entire thread.

Well, for starters, we haven't been nearly as successful in the JVG slot all year. I think we have won 2 weekend games against conference foes and NMSU (legitimate competition) all year.

I didn't say we wouldn't be able to overcome it but that it would be difficult to do so. I will be very surprised if BC doesn't put up some serious runs on us at least one game this series. Hopefully we can win a slugfest. But BC is now 6-4 at home while we are 1-9 on the road, so the odds are against us winning 2 in a row when we lose game one with our ace going.

We are also now 2-6 in one run games. Easy to see why we are 4 games under .500 and struggling to make the tourney.

You get your panties in a wad every time I make a comment on this thread. The last time was when I made a comment about JVG, which I was right about. Before that, when I expressed disappointment that we let some winnable games on the road get away, you were all down my throat about how tough our schedule had been and how we would take it to teams like BC later in the year.

I have said alot of good things about our team, you just go into a conniption fit when I say anything critical any time we lose.

Last edited:
That's because you flame away every time we lose a game. From the rep I've gotten for taking you to task it seems people agree with me.

That's because you flame away every time we lose a game. From the rep I've gotten for taking you to task it seems people agree with me.

Fanboys love rep. I just call it like I see it. If you don't think today's effort in a big game wasn't anemic from an offensive perspective, then you are welcome to your opinion but I disagree. Personally, I think you are hypersensitive to what is a flame. Fans get upset when their teams lose winable games and let opportunities slip away. I certainly haven't insulted anybody on the team. I said earlier that we just can't expect to go into BC and dominate them, and so far, it looks like I was correct. Lets hope we win tomorrow and Sunday, but we are really putting ourselves behind the 8 ball.

At some point, we need to stop rationalizing why it is OK to lose games on the road and actually start winning some of those games, or we going to be sitting here on selection Monday talking about all of the games we let get away as the reason we aren't dancing. The opportunities are quickly dwindling and we never play well at Miami.

Anyway, you don't have to worry about me posting the next two games as I will be at Merlefest. Hopefully I come back to you crowing.

Last edited:
Fanboys love rep. I just call it like I see it. If you don't think today's effort in a big game wasn't anemic from an offensive perspective, then you are welcome to your opinion but I disagree. Personally, I think you are hypersensitive to what is a flame. Fans get upset when their teams lose winable games and let opportunities slip away. I certainly haven't insulted anybody on the team.

At some point, we need to stop rationalizing why it is OK to lose games on the road and actually start winning some of those games, or we going to be sitting here on selection Monday talking about all of the games we let get away as the reason we aren't dancing. The opportunities are quickly dwindling and we never play well at Miami.

Today was obviously a bad loss, but in baseball you need to look at the big picture. In that look we are certainly doing quite fine. If we get swept by BC or lose 2/3 then it will be considered a bad weekend, but one loss this weekend certainly isn't the end of the world.

I'll pick this up again next week and if we lose again I'll be the first to say that it was a bad weekend.

Fanboys love rep. I just call it like I see it. If you don't think today's effort in a big game wasn't anemic from an offensive perspective, then you are welcome to your opinion but I disagree. Personally, I think you are hypersensitive to what is a flame. Fans get upset when their teams lose winable games and let opportunities slip away. I certainly haven't insulted anybody on the team. I said earlier that we just can't expect to go into BC and dominate them, and so far, it looks like I was correct. Lets hope we win tomorrow and Sunday, but we are really putting ourselves behind the 8 ball.

Anyway, you don't have to worry about me posting the next two games as I will be at Merlefest. Hopefully I come back to you crowing.

Wake will have to really struggle down the stretch to miss the tournament, particularly since we have 5 games at home where we've played very well this year. I said earlier that this was a poor effort on offense and like I pointed out earlier I think that we still have a fine chance to win the next two games. I agree that it's a bad loss, I have agreed with you on that point earlier in the thread multiple times. My point was that you choose to say "oh Boston College has a really good offense" as a reason why we're probably going to lose one of the next two games and so I chose to say "Boston College has a really bad pitching staff". You then started flaming by saying "doesn't look like they've been that good today"...well clearly since they only won 1-0 they didn't have a good offense today did they? So you choose to be negative and look at it as a positive for BC instead of a positive opportunity to Wake. I consider that flaming.

Because they are at home where they are 6-4 while we are on the road where we are 1-9.
Because in each home series they have played so far this year, they have one blowout win (GT 15-7, Maryland 10-3, and FSU 17-6).
Because we really didn't hit the ball well against some so-so Winthop pitching, and then followed it up today with 2 hits.

I hope you are right, but I am not feeling very good about this weekend right now.

Last edited:
Because they are at home where they are 6-4 while we are on the road where we are 1-9.
Because in each home series they have played so far this year, they have one blowout win (GT 15-7, Maryland 10-3, and FSU 17-6).

I hope you are right, but I am not feeling very good about this weekend right now.

Well maybe this is the one win they're going to have at home.

Hope so. But really the source of my frustration all year has been two-fold (a) the inability to steal wins on the road in weekend series, and (b) letting teams steal wins in WS when we had the chance to sweep or win weekend series. I think both are valid concerns right now.

Now 2-1 BC in the 6th on an error by Blair.....We're tearing up that BC pitching so far this weekend.....:)

Perdios doubles in another run with 2 outs....3-1

Last edited:
well that was typical.....we not only finally get base runners but load them up with 1 out....Rhine hits into DP...no runs, 3 left on = loss

Horrible, horrible series loss for us. We really don't have much room for error down the stretch to get into ACC tourney and NCAA. I know BC has been hitting the ball well, but they've struggled getting people out. However, our offense looks terrible against them thus far this weekend. Tomorrow is pretty much a must win for us.

Back