• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

On another note for Wake basketball:

BYU guard Matt Carlino is planning to transfer elsewhere for his final season. He will be eligible immediately.

Wake could snag him for a year. 33% outside shooter, averaged 13 points a game last year.

Wait, so Shaka's so ballsy as to drag his feet forever just to fuck with Wellman and now Ronnie's hitting the panic button and wouldve hired DM if not for the BoT?

Doesnt add up. If Shaka's still in play, and you've waited this long, why not go for broke? Just be ready to "Back it up" for the new NCOY if the answer is "no!"

On another note for Wake basketball:

BYU guard Matt Carlino is planning to transfer elsewhere for his final season. He will be eligible immediately.

Wake could snag him for a year. 33% outside shooter, averaged 13 points a game last year.

YESSS. Kid is nice and could even be an upgrade from Coron. They can gladly have Chase Fischer and we'll take Carlino. But seriously, Wake desperately needs shooting next year no matter who the coach is.

Yes, Larry Brown finessed Manning away from the NC schools. Not like it had not been done before or since. Even Coach K pulled that move (finding a job for a parent).

Didn't Larry hire Danny's dad to be an assistant?

"In 1985, he was hired as an assistant basketball coach at the University of Kansas under Larry Brown."

Edited to add it would help if I read the complete post first. Duh

Last edited:
hoopla has a lotta rep for a troll

I have zero idea why people keep responding to hoopla's post like they're presenting any meaningful information. If you just look back through his posts on this thread, absolutely nothing he has said has been verified or proven to be correct in any way.

ETA: there's no way negotiations aren't "going well" or whatever he said. RW has to be aware Shaka already passed.

YESSS. Kid is nice and could even be an upgrade from Coron. They can gladly have Chase Fischer and we'll take Carlino. But seriously, Wake desperately needs shooting next year no matter who the coach is.

Yeah, we really need another PG who can't shoot.

It would be a nice get.

Thats my point, why would Welly be able to leverage Shaka with Manning? He can't!!

If you were really that close with Shaka, why would you mess around w/ DM as a smokescreen?

Knew I shuda gone for that walk!

Unless...is there some crazy schism within the BoT and there are parallel searches being conducted?

Is there a power struggle threatening this search? Does a certain faction want to pay Shaka's ransom?

Naah, there would be more leaks.

How could Deman or whoever mistakenly report the sighting of a 6'10 African-American basketball coach walking around Wake's campus (and likely wearing a suit). Seriously.

An associate AD told Beck that "Manning was not on CAMPUS today or yesterday." Seemed like even Kenny doesn't know much more than we do

Didn't Deman say yesterday that "Manning was on campus yesterday"? If so, that currently means that Manning was on campus the day before yesterday (i.e., Sunday). What a shifty statement by the AD...

Back