• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Howard signing a minor league deal with the Braves is just bizarre.

Ryan Howard signing a minor league deal with the Braves is just bizarre.

Ryan obviously doesn't think his baseball career is over. he hasn't hit well since his Achilles surgery.Maybe he thinks it was really a two year healing process.

Yadi having the ball stick to his chest protector is the one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

Yadi having the ball stick to his chest protector is the one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

Do chest protectors usually have stickum or a similar substance? Otherwise that means there was some jacked-up shit on that ball.

Following Ohtani is pretty interesting. Sounds like the Padres, Mariners, Angels, Giants all are favorites. Doesn't want to go to east coast. Cubs, Rangers and Dodgers? I think, got a final meeting as well. Sounds like his preference is for a west coast, small "media market" team, So I'm not sure Cubs, Rangers, Dodgers fit that. Yes I know LA and SF are big cities, but the media covering the Angels and Giants is relatively small.

Stanton is supposed to make a decision on trade to Giants that sounds like it has been agreed to by both clubs.

Cubs land Chatwood 3 years 38 million. Seemed to be good in stretches last year, particularly away from Coors.

Marlins flip Gordon to Seattle (+ int'l $) for prospects.

And now there are reports that Stanton will veto a trade to SF because he wants to win. Wants Cubs, Astros, Yankees, or Dodgers.

Dodgers are going to get him with their unlimited prospects.

Dreams of a JHey, Almora, Baez+ for Stanton and Yelich are still alive and well haha. Already rumors swirling that if Epstein can somehow sell Otani, that JHey may be moving to a part time role, potentially even if we don't get him. Good thing we only owe him a $134 million more.

Cubs land Chatwood 3 years 38 million. Seemed to be good in stretches last year, particularly away from Coors.

He has a pretty high upside - his velo is up and his spin rate is awesome, but he walks a ton of guys and gives us a lot of HRs for being a ground ball pitcher. Its not a lot to spend on a 4th-ish starter, but may need to see Hickey work some magic here to get him over the hump. He isnt old, so thats a good thing. With the swing and miss stuff he has on some of his pitches, he would work well in the pen if he is a disaster as a starter.

I kinda hope that Miami trades everybody else and keeps Stanton to spite him for not approving trades. Staton + a bunch of scrubs

Ohtani to the Angels

Not many people predicted Anaheim as the Japanese Babe Ruth's landing spot. Likely means that Ohtani will have to play the field if he wants to bat when he does not pitch because, at this point, Pujols can only DH.

Does Pujols play 1B at all anymore? He looks like he’ll fall apart when he moves.

Yanks & Marlins have agreed to deal, waiting for approval. Staton & Jude together :drool:

28 games in 2016 and 6 in 2017, so :noidea:

He's got 4 yrs/$114M left on his contract. Then a ten year $10M/year personal services contract with the Halos. Maybe they could get some sort of a buyout or transfer the payments into extending the personal services contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back