• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NBA 2014 Offseason Thread: KD35, Beal both out for 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron has two championships in 11 seasons. He turns 30 soon. Most of the greats had more championships in their first 11 seasons. Timmy had 4.

So do you think he'll end with 2?

Still think he's the best basketball player ever, and the "best career versus best player" discussion going on in the Duncan Top 5 thread is instructive, but dropping to 2-3 in Finals appearances is going to be really hard for LeBron to overcome in the court of public opinion, IMO. He's going to have to do some Magic-type stuff in the next few seasons to turn the tide.

why do you think he is the best basketball player ever?

It's more likely now than we would have thought a month ago.

I think he will win at least one or two more. Depends on when his wear and tear starts. He has played a lot of basketball since he was 18. He may only have 3-5 more elite years left. He needs to join a team who can take the load off him.

Official NBA 2014 Offseason Thread: I ain't got no worries

Still think he's the best basketball player ever, and the "best career versus best player" discussion going on in the Duncan Top 5 thread is instructive, but dropping to 2-3 in Finals appearances is going to be really hard for LeBron to overcome in the court of public opinion, IMO. He's going to have to do some Magic-type stuff in the next few seasons to turn the tide.

I'll need to look closely at the stats. Right off hand, most of the greats had more championships by age 30 despite having fewer seasons.

I think he lost his case against Jordan for greatest of all time with this Finals.

It's more likely now than we would have thought a month ago.

I think he will win at least one or two more. Depends on when his wear and tear starts. He has played a lot of basketball since he was 18. He may only have 3-5 more elite years left. He needs to join a team who can take the load off him.

Pop's last masterstroke???

I'd say the only serious outliers here are Magic and Kareem. That said, crapping the bed in three different Finals won't be a good look among old people unless LeBron wins at least a couple more championships by the time he's done.

Among players who have suited up in the past four decades in the Top 50 career PER:

Jordan (6) won 3 by age 29
LeBron (2) won 2 by age 29
Shaq (4) won 3 by age 29
Hakeem (2) won 0 by age 29
Paul
Duncan (5) won 3 by age 29
Durant
Barkley
Dirk (1) won 0 by age 29
Robinson (2) won 0 by age 29
Kareem (6) won 4 by age 29
Magic (5) won 5 by age 29

Westbrook
Wade (3) won 1 by age 29
Amare
Kobe (5) won 3 by age 29
Bird (3) won 3 by age 29

Moses Malone (1) won 1 by age 29
Baron Davis
Allen Iverson
Karl Malone
KG (1) won 0 by age 29
Gervin
Gasol (2) won 2 by age 29
Rick Barry (1) won 0 by age 29
Dr. J (1) won 0 by age 29
Melo
Alex English
Manu
Stockton
Frazier (2) won 2 by age 29
Nash
Isiah (2) won 2 by age 29
Penny

Last edited:
Lol everyone here would become a big LeBron fan if CP3 & him joined up

I'd pull for that team. I have great respect for LeBron as a player; guy shot 42% as a rookie and 57% this year. That is ridiculous FG% at his position. He played great in these finals, but his supporting cast was shit. His numbers when his team is facing elimination are pretty freaking incredible.

He does annoy me by speaking in clichés all the time; the way The Decision was handled also pissed me off, but it was no worse than this:

AAGC014.jpg

I'd pull for that team. I have great respect for LeBron as a player; guy shot 42% as a rookie and 57% this year. That is ridiculous FG% at his position. He played great in these finals, but his supporting cast was shit. His numbers when his team is facing elimination are pretty freaking incredible.

He does annoy me by speaking in clichés all the time; the way The Decision was handled also pissed me off, but it was no worse than this:

AAGC014.jpg

Except THE DECISION led to two titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back