• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL professional wrestling thread

Shit, didn't know the RR was in St Pete's! Just got an email to enter a sweepstakes from Cricket Wireless for free Royal Rumble tix!

you going to the event?
i'm not sure. Don't have a ticket, but a guy i work out with on occassion is now in TNA/Impact. used to be part of The Ascension WWE tag team. He said if i want a ticket to let him know, he could hook me up.
i think TV is probably a better experience though

i'm not sure. Don't have a ticket, but a guy i work out with on occassion is now in TNA/Impact. used to be part of The Ascension WWE tag team. He said if i want a ticket to let him know, he could hook me up.
i think TV is probably a better experience though
Why not get HHH's personal ringside seats?

I just hope they’re done with the devil angle. Tired of it.

Julia / Abadon, Edge / Christian and Kingston / Mox were great matches. Overall a meh PPV, which isn’t typical for AEW.

They did pull the devil story away from the title, and word is that MJF is going to take time off to recover from injuries, so chances are good that it does basically drop.

Also, now we get Champ Joe, which should be great.

Interesting to note that this is the first PPV without any of The Elite on the card. Wonder if that had anything to do with general feelings about the show.

They've only been trying to make that match for the past 8(?) years since that time even The Rock couldn't get people to cheer for Roman. Maybe Dwayne will make time for it this go around.

When I wrestle with my 5yo, he has to be either Kane or Undertaker.

Kane because of his entrance where he walks in the play room and then puts his arms down so the flames come up.

Or Undertaker because we watched the casket match with HBK. He likes to bust out of a pretend casket.

I don't remember Kane or Undertaker taking their shirts off mid-match and flexing a lot, but that happens every single time as well. He probably gets that from me.

They have to pay this off now right? It’s all fun and games to bring the Rock out now and again but once he makes the “Head of the Table” comment they have GOT to pay it off.

and fully agree on Iyo. She’s amazing…

I noticed how bad and awkward Jinder Mahal is in moving around the ring but admit it may just be the slick shoes he has on. Then go onto the Reddit expecting to see everyone agree Jinder sucks and come to find he’s over more than LA Knight cause of some Tony Khan tweets. What a fan base

#moderndaymaharaja #cannotHindertheJinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrestling tribalism is weird. I choose not to watch WWE because of McMahon and Saudi shows, but I don't wish for their failure.

It's good to have competition. It drives both to be better.

I agree with the people saying that there is no reasonable chance that The Rock dethrones Reigns. He's not going to be around consistently enough to hold the title. It's a fun skit, but it doesn't end in The Rock being the champ and it undercuts the Cody Rhodes/Reigns rivalry....UNLESS...they set up a triple threat match for Wrestlemania.

I agree with the people saying that there is no reasonable chance that The Rock dethrones Reigns. He's not going to be around consistently enough to hold the title. It's a fun skit, but it doesn't end in The Rock being the champ and it undercuts the Cody Rhodes/Reigns rivalry....UNLESS...they set up a triple threat match for Wrestlemania.
According to reddit, the hope is that Jinder beats Seth Rollins next week, enters the royal rumble and is the last to knock out Cody, defeats Reigns at WM to unify the belts and then teams up with CM Punk to take out the Judgement Day and hold all three belts simultaneously to complete the Jinder story. In other words a modern day maharaja.

Back