• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spring Football 2014 Thread (Spring Game Saturday at 2:00)

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...5c2-22ae-5c0e-8882-5f71f7255bc5.html?mode=jqm

As soon as he compiled his staff, he began establishing a standard method for the coaches to teach football the way he wants it taught.

“(You tell them) this is how you hold the football as a Wake Forest football player — this is our tackling system,” Clawson said last month. “It does not just go to how you call plays and what your cadence is.

“There’s different ways to how people teach fundamentals. And there’s a Wake Forest way, a Deacon way, that we have to teach, and we have to get established. Because if you don’t teach it and if the kid doesn’t do it correctly, it’s not fair of you to jump him if you haven’t properly coached him.”

A college-football team is allowed 15 practices during the spring, with the schedule at the discretion of the head coach. The Deacons have practices scheduled every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday leading up to the spring game, set for Saturday, April 26 at BB&T Field.

3/25 ESPN Q&A with Clawson - http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/68493/qa-with-wake-forest-coach-dave-clawson-2

Last edited:
I love how Clawson doesn't talk about his system like it belongs to the coaches, but that it belongs to Wake Forest. It's obviously semantics, but in terms of creating buy-in, the guy is putting on a clinic.

Official Spring Football 2014 Thread (WSJ - Clawson set to start retraining D...

then say it

KenPom puts it at a 85% chance of being at 2:00, but Nate Silver only has it at 63.74%. RJ says it is absolutely 2:00 without breaking a sweat.

I love how Clawson doesn't talk about his system like it belongs to the coaches, but that it belongs to Wake Forest. It's obviously semantics, but in terms of creating buy-in, the guy is putting on a clinic.

Yep. His Wake Forest Way is about fundamentals and how to win.

I didn't realize Clawson poached Lembo's offensive line coach.

I didn't realize Clawson poached Lembo's offensive line coach.

Yup. I was talking to a football recruit last night and he just raved about Tabacca, so it seemed like while he was the most under the radar hire, he will be a good one for us.

Tacking this one through the spring game. It'll be easier to keep things on this one thread, especially with the abundance of threads started wrt the basketball coaching search.

totally off topic, but is anyone else annoyed that seemingly every single basketball team in the NCAA tournament has one "The [Insert College Here] Way" T-shirts? This thing has jumped the shark big time for me. It probably works well on 18 year olds, though.

totally off topic, but is anyone else annoyed that seemingly every single basketball team in the NCAA tournament has one "The [Insert College Here] Way" T-shirts? This thing has jumped the shark big time for me. It probably works well on 18 year olds, though.

It's an Adidas thing.
Or, "The Adidas Way."

Why is this thread sticky? It's fucking practice.

Everything I read about Clawson gives me the "Friday Night Lights" feels.

Literally everything.

Why is this thread sticky? It's fucking practice.

You have a bad habit of opening up and commenting on threads that you don't care about. Why don't you make like a tree and get the hell out of here?

Back