• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Syracuse Game Thread

Really better to not reply to bkf. He's never interested in discussion.

As hard as it is to say I saw a lot of improvement and am convinced that Claws is the real deal. Keep recruiting and developing and we'll be competitive and win some games.

We aren't good yet but we are improving. One or two plays can and did turn the momentum of the game. Can't believe anyone actually questions the momentum factor. We had the talent today to win, but we got rattled and collapsed. I am still encouraged about the future. We do have substantially more talent on the field than last year. Tough loss to swallow though. Go Deacs.

We aren't good yet but we are improving. One or two plays can and did turn the momentum of the game. Can't believe anyone actually questions the momentum factor. We had the talent today to win, but we got rattled and collapsed. I am still encouraged about the future. We do have substantially more talent on the field than last year. Tough loss to swallow though. Go Deacs.

Agree with this. From what I saw, we gave up 10 points on turnovers and 2 long plays that shouldn't have resulted in TDs. Was pleased with Wolford minus the pick 6. Without looking at next year's schedule, I'm optimistic about a bowl in 2016.

I don't know why people are freaking out... We looked better than last year and had a couple unfortunate plays not go our way and a dumb penalty. We've never played well in the carrier dome but I still think winning the next two is realistic and sneaking another win in for a 4-8 season. Was anyone seriously expecting a bowl this year? We'll play better next week and will be definitely improved this year.

bc we lost to a terrible team.

there are some good signs for the future though

As hard as it is to say I saw a lot of improvement and am convinced that Claws is the real deal. Keep recruiting and developing and we'll be competitive and win some games.

Here's someone with common sense and perspective. You guys have talent for sure. The passing offense is legit, and your front 7 is above average (need to find a way to get more pressure and turnovers). Also, you guys have a great kicker and punter. Listen, we beat yall last year at your stadium with a 4th string freshman QB 30-7. You guys looked so much better than that game. There has been progress, and the staff is doing pretty well on the recruiting trail. I could see you guys at 4 or 5 wins this year with an opportunity to be pretty damn good next year when all that young talent has more experience and coaching. It takes time to turn a down program around.

Here's someone with common sense and perspective. You guys have talent for sure. The passing offense is legit, and your front 7 is above average (need to find a way to get more pressure and turnovers). Also, you guys have a great kicker and punter. Listen, we beat yall last year at your stadium with a 4th string freshman QB 30-7. You guys looked so much better than that game. There has been progress, and the staff is doing pretty well on the recruiting trail. I could see you guys at 4 or 5 wins this year with an opportunity to be pretty damn good next year when all that young talent has more experience and coaching. It takes time to turn a down program around.

Fair analysis. We were so horrible on offense last season, it would be absurd to say we haven't improved. But we are far from being competitive in the new ACC. BTW, your offensive coaches called a great game.

Fair analysis. We were so horrible on offense last season, it would be absurd to say we haven't improved. But we are far from being competitive in the new ACC. BTW, your offensive coaches called a great game.

We were far from being competitive in the old ACC. Why do you think anything would change? We are who we are, as our 100+ year record shows.

I was very impressed with the adjustments our staff seemed to make for the second half. That was a hell of game.

Fuck you, you miserable piece of shit. Why the fuck do you even come here, except to be a racist piece of shit and play accountant baseball? Just die in your miserable small backwards ass town that you feel the need to preach about all the time

Woah. Really unnecessary.

Team is better. We dominated the third quarter and the game turned on the personal foul call. Their defense was stronger and that showed in the 4th quarter.

Missed tackles on defense killed us. I thought Clawsen was a bit scattered whe. It started going the other direction. The personal foul call and then the freak okay for them. We started playing too fast. Not mentally tough yet.

Looking at the stats, the run game was worse than I thought. Neither back got to 4 ypc.

Yo Blogger So Dear, the final score was 30-17, not 34-17. Just an FYI.

Looking at the stats. 23 Wake first downs to 15 for Syracuse. 81 total plays to 53. 419 total yards to 370 (including an 89 yard play for SU). Ten more minutes of possession.

We weren't capable of anything like that against any opponent last year. We all knew that the O-line was going to be bad, and we were replacing two corners who are on NFL rosters now. Those were the glaring weaknesses today. However, Wolford can play when he has time, I really like Bell as a running back, and we've clearly got talent at receiver. Between Serigne, Brent, Hines, Lewis, and Wade, we've got guys who can get open. Sucks that we lost today, but we are very clearly going in the right direction--and Clawson has done this at every head job he's had.

Looking at the stats. 23 Wake first downs to 15 for Syracuse. 81 total plays to 53. 419 total yards to 370 (including an 89 yard play for SU). Ten more minutes of possession.

We weren't capable of anything like that against any opponent last year. We all knew that the O-line was going to be bad, and we were replacing two corners who are on NFL rosters now. Those were the glaring weaknesses today. However, Wolford can play when he has time, I really like Bell as a running back, and we've clearly got talent at receiver. Between Serigne, Brent, Hines, Lewis, and Wade, we've got guys who can get open. Sucks that we lost today, but we are very clearly going in the right direction--and Clawson has done this at every head job he's had.

Good post

81 total plays to 53
Ten more minutes of possession

how are people saying our defense was gassed? i would hope not

Back