• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Syracuse Game Thread

And literally every one of them runs it better

I really don't think we are that far away. We played with Louisville last year and beat VT. FSU certainly doesn't look as good and Clemson can be had. I see a lot of close losses this year and a turnaround next year after our 6 seniors graduate.

you say Clemson can be had? you do realize they were up 31 nothing at the half today against an Appalachian team that is better than the team that beat us today?

Getting brown-eyed by Syracuse kind of ruined my day. It is like they traded the play book for the play page at the half. If it gets ugly against Army, Clawsons credibility might get put on watch.

This is two straight times we have folded in fourth quarter up there. Besides bad play, the noise in the dome , heat, and complete lack of oxygen play a role IMO. They are used to that carbon monoxide filled sauna . It's a real advantage for them.

You do realize air is constantly being blown in from outside to keep the roof inflated, right? And fyi, humans exhale carbon DIoxide, not monoxide.

Last edited:
Went to the fsu game, should.I rewatch this shit on replay?

Good to see I have brasky on the #clawsout wagon. Hop on guys, CHOO CHOO

Not on the #ClawsonOut bandwagon but I'm a little concerned. The guy appears to be a hell of a recruiter.

From his small sample size of in-game coaching at Wake I'm not impressed so far. The play calling and game management is sub par.

Not on the #ClawsonOut bandwagon but I'm a little concerned. The guy appears to be a hell of a recruiter.

From his small sample size of in-game coaching at Wake I'm not impressed so far. The play calling and game management is sub par.

Clawson is not the play caller Ruggeiro is.

Haha more #clawswaitandsee. The slurp is wayyy too strong around here. Plus the occasional wildly misspelled james negs are worth it

I actually agree with this.

FWIW, I'm optimistic about Clawson.

We lost to a bottom dweller ACC team. Making us, still at the bottom of the ACC. However, we have seen progress in our team. Oh-lone is getting better and I think Secondary will be a strength next year. I'm thinking close games this year and bowl game next year.

Didn't see the game, but have read how we were the better team for 3 qtrs, a bad ref call turned the game, and only a couple bad plays made the difference. A HUGE amount of KoolAid being served up after a "bad" loss to Syracuse and their 2nd string QB who'd never started. Sorry, just being honest. Until we win a game or two, against quality opponents I won't be that impressed. Again, I didn't see the game, but based on what many are saying here I question whether the optimism is truly earned yet. Remember the couple years pre -2006 when the Deacs NEVER quit against superior opponents, scared 'em til the game end, and maybe didn't win? Somehow the game line here just doesn't feel good like that.

This is two straight times we have folded in fourth quarter up there. Besides bad play, the noise in the dome , heat, and complete lack of oxygen play a role IMO. They are used to that carbon monoxide filled sauna . It's a real advantage for them.

Last 3 trips there...that 2011 game where Tanner got hurt was painful.

Didn't see the game, but have read how we were the better team for 3 qtrs, a bad ref call turned the game, and only a couple bad plays made the difference. A HUGE amount of KoolAid being served up after a "bad" loss to Syracuse and their 2nd string QB who'd never started. Sorry, just being honest. Until we win a game or two, against quality opponents I won't be that impressed. Again, I didn't see the game, but based on what many are saying here I question whether the optimism is truly earned yet. Remember the couple years pre -2006 when the Deacs NEVER quit against superior opponents, scared 'em til the game end, and maybe didn't win? Somehow the game line here just doesn't feel good like that.

So, you didn't watch the game at all but you're going to post about it just to take a shot at those who did watch and express some optimism about some positive aspects of the game? Ok

Back