• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched Road House last night and it was totally fine. Defs not the cinematic masterpiece of the OG, but it was fun and entertaining and appropriately campy and bad. And enough nods to the original to be fun but not overdone.

I feel like I need to rewatch it since I now know what to expect.

I enjoyed the first hour of the new Road House more than the second. By the end to me it became action schlock. Gyllenhall was good I guess but certainly no Swayze.

I watched Basic Instinct for the first time yesterday. What a movie.
I literally came here to post that I watched it for the first time last night. They don't make 'em like that anymore...

Saw the Holdovers yesterday and thought it was totally good/fine. But it is defs not worthy of an Oscar nom, IMO. Just Paul Giamatti playing Paul Giamatti but this time at a boys prep school.

Also saw the Beekeeper yesterday and it was also totally fine. Just Jason Statham doing Jason Statham things. The dialogue was pretty brutal with half of it being bee references.

Road House was fun. It wasn’t good, but it was fun. Connor’s PR team has been selling the shit out of his acting role, but he’s just silly with bad dialogue. For anyone wondering, this remake leans way more into comedy with almost zero drama, romance, or bromance. Seriously, Swayze had more chemistry with Sam Elliot than Gyllenhaal does with the doctor here.

American Fiction was very good and funny. One of the few it seems lately where I've watched a preview, thought that it looked both, and then it actually was.

Yeah, but Swayze has zero chemistry with Kelly Lynch in the original, mostly because Lynch couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Yes, but her getting nailed is what I remember from the movie, not her acting ability.

Jesus, Iron Claw left out a brother that committed suicide. Good grief. Zac Efron deserved some accolades for this.

Iron Claw comment
the scene where the brothers meet in the afterlife and they all meet the 6yo brother fucking broke me, then Kevin saying “I’m not a brother anymore” good grief

Saw the Holdovers yesterday and thought it was totally good/fine. But it is defs not worthy of an Oscar nom, IMO. Just Paul Giamatti playing Paul Giamatti but this time at a boys prep school.

Also saw the Beekeeper yesterday and it was also totally fine. Just Jason Statham doing Jason Statham things. The dialogue was pretty brutal with half of it being bee references.

Perhaps not Oscar worthy, but I definitely enjoyed it. Reminded me a bit of Dead Poet’s Society, one of my favorite movies from years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Holdovers is an absolutely useless movie. No reason it should have even been made.

The movie is barely mediocre in every way. The plot, the acting, all of it.

Back