• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Rewatching Before The Devils Knows You’re Dead, and god it’s so fucking good.

Rewatching Before The Devils Knows You’re Dead, and god it’s so fucking good.
Hot take but it’s probably my favorite Hoffman starring role. It got one of Ebert’s most glowing reviews that I ever read:

Wasn’t he sober during that role? Really hard to comprehend what he might have been going through.

Saw Godzilla X Kong...typical monsterverse fare...stupid and very entertaining.

I watched it as a kid, but I just watched Citizen Kane again and holy shit is that a great movie. Brilliant use of perspective and incredible cinematography stood out to me this time. And I understand the psychology so much more this time. It’s kinda wild that this gets labeled as some kind of stuffy art flick. It’s not. It’s the blueprint.

finally saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I liked it fine, but definitely way down the list if Tarantino movies for me — last among the ones I’ve seen, I think

finally saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I liked it fine, but definitely way down the list if Tarantino movies for me — last among the ones I’ve seen, I think

It's funny how subjective the Tarantino films are. People loved Kill Bill and those rank at the bottom for me. On the other hand, I love Jackie Brown. I loved Once Upon A Time too-- top tier for me. All the performances were great, but I thought Robbie brought an innocence to Sharon Tate that was very effective. Conveyed beautifully in the simple scene where she goes to watch her own movie in the theater. Tarantino displaying a bit of heart is a rare thing, and probably why I also liked Jackie Brown so much. And then the ending is, of course, full blown QT and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Kill Bills are top for me after Pulp Fiction, and then, Django, Inglorious Basterds and Once Upon a Time. But they're all great. I would have Hateful 8 last.

It's funny how subjective the Tarantino films are. People loved Kill Bill and those rank at the bottom for me. On the other hand, I love Jackie Brown. I loved Once Upon A Time too-- top tier for me. All the performances were great, but I thought Robbie brought an innocence to Sharon Tate that was very effective. Conveyed beautifully in the simple scene where she goes to watch her own movie in the theater. Tarantino displaying a bit of heart is a rare thing, and probably why I also liked Jackie Brown so much. And then the ending is, of course, full blown QT and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jackie Brown is my favorite. Basically a perfect movie. Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs/Kill Bill Pt. 1/Inglorious Basterds round out my top 5

Likes Tarantino heart, doesn’t like Kill Bill - does not compute. The whole movie series is about Kiddo grieving the loss of her husband and baby and building up the nerve to take vengeance on her beloved father figure

I was thinking over the weekend about which Kill Bill movie I liked more and I have to go with the first one. It's probably in my top 10 and I love the music, the fight with the 88s, the showdown with Oren Ishi-i, and lots of other things about it. I need to watch it again soon

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Back