• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I assume it is primarily marketing and most celebrities who do it are more talented than working voice actors in any event.
That's debatable at best. Some embody the character. Others (like Akwafina) just sound like themselves.

That's debatable at best. Some embody the character. Others (like Akwafina) just sound like themselves.
You want Jack Black as Kung Fu Panda, not veteran voice actor Joe Schmo from the God of War videogames or CocoMelon.

Hm, there's a pretty good hit ratio of Big Name Actor also being good at VO work. There's also a direction/production variable at play but I have a feeling good actors know how to act.

had a good time the other night trying to remember which celebrities were voices for 90s Disney movies

had a good time the other night trying to remember which celebrities were voices for 90s Disney movies

Robin Williams and James Earl Jones and Jeremy Irons and that kid from Home Improvement and Whoopi Goldberg and John Leguizamo and Nathan Lane.

Perfect movie?
i'm nowhere near qualified to say but it's very good!

i think we had a little discussion on it a while back with OldGould where we talked PI movies vs. cop movies and the different lens we can have when watching them with ACAB sensibilities

i'm nowhere near qualified to say but it's very good!

i think we had a little discussion on it a while back with OldGould where we talked PI movies vs. cop movies and the different lens we can have when watching them with ACAB sensibilities

I gotta track that down. My thought when I was rewatching it was that the only noir that I’ve seen that’s in the same league is Chinatown

Long Goodbye was my favorite we watched in my Film Noir first year seminar, and there were a bunch of great ones.

Back