• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

And, by the way, anybody that doesn't appreciate what Wes McKennie does on the pitch for the USA is a damn idiot that knows absolutely zero about the game.

He is my favorite 'underrated played' out there. He is so smart and savvy. Aside from Scholes and Pirlo, he's the smartest midfielder I've seen since the 90s. He is secretly that good, IMO. Bruno G from Newcastle is another one like Wes McK. Bruno G is just technically better than Wes tho.

Quarterfinals should absolutely be the expectation.

Our top 10 can play with any team in the world. Problem is we have no depth. That has to be a priority over next 3 years. We need to be 15 deep.

I think we're in a good spot with depth, and there will certainly be others outside this group in 2 or 3 years.

LW - Pulisic/??
Fwd - Balogun/Pepi
RW - Weah/Aaronson
MD - Musah/De la Torre
MD - McKennie/Adams
MD - Reyna/Tillman
LB - Robinson/Lund
CB - CCV/Trusty
CB - Richards/??
RB - Dest/Scally
GK - Turner/Horvath

This is based on today - almost everyone is under 24, so you'd expect improvements across the board. I don't think depth is too much an issue. I'd like to see more top end production and consistency outside of Pulisic, Weah and McKennie moving forward.

I think we're in a good spot with depth, and there will certainly be others outside this group in 2 or 3 years.

LW - Pulisic/??
Fwd - Balogun/Pepi
RW - Weah/Aaronson
MD - Musah/De la Torre
MD - McKennie/Adams
MD - Reyna/Tillman
LB - Robinson/Lund
CB - CCV/Trusty
CB - Richards/??
RB - Dest/Scally
GK - Turner/Horvath

This is based on today - almost everyone is under 24, so you'd expect improvements across the board. I don't think depth is too much an issue. I'd like to see more top end production and consistency outside of Pulisic, Weah and McKennie moving forward.
Real worried about the cb's, as that has to be our biggest weakness. Hopefully GGGG is scouring some birth certificates or something. Or do we have any youngsters(u20s) that might be able to make a big leap? CCV cannot be 1 of out starting cb's for the WC, or we are in trouble.

LW - Pulisic/??
Fwd - Balogun/Pepi
RW - Weah/Aaronson
MD - Musah/De la Torre
MD - McKennie/Adams
MD - Reyna/Tillman
LB - Robinson/Lund
CB - CCV/Trusty
CB - Richards/??
RB - Dest/Scally
GK - Turner/Horvath

See I look at those names and cringe. Germany brought Havertz, Muller, and Brandt off the bench.

LDLT will NEVER be an international player. It's time to accept that and move on from him. He's done next to nothing in every appearance he's ever received. Pepi as a sub for Balogun is the only sub I feel good about.

See I look at those names and cringe. Germany brought Havertz, Muller, and Brandt off the bench.

LDLT will NEVER be an international player. It's time to accept that and move on from him. He's done next to nothing in every appearance he's ever received. Pepi as a sub for Balogun is the only sub I feel good about.
There's a long way to go before 2026. I'd be surprised if LDLT is a serious option when it matters. Others will emerge int eh next year or two.

Agreed. I'll defend MB4 to the grave.

There was a point in time back in 2010-2014 where the math was as simple as this for the USMNT:

Is MB4 playing?

If YES = USMNT have a chance
If NO = No point in watching the match, they will lose

You pair anyone with the great Kyle Beckerman and they'll look like a genius.

Is this a Ghana A, B, or C team?

I've never wondered what happens if a defender just sits on a ball in the box. That whole sequence was hilarious.

Is this a Ghana A, B, or C team?

I've never wondered what happens if a defender just sits on a ball in the box. That whole sequence was hilarious.
Mostly A team but they've lost 3 or 4 veteran guys to age. Way too much talent though to be playing as poorly as they are.

Back