• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

It's like these fucking idiot scientists with their global warming (what is it now, climate change? they change it every day). First, God is still up there in control, right, and he wants us to have dominion over and find the fossil fuels he buried for us and wouldn't let anything bad happen to us as a result and, second, I guess you've never experience winter in Chicago-- it's freezing, so much for global warming. I guess you've never seen snow. Rubes.

CMS should have school on Thursday, take Friday off. WFU is playing a game on Thursday after school FFS.

If you are coming north from the coastal area in South Carolina then you are almost certainly going through or near Charlotte. I am almost positive that the cancellation of school is not due to the actual threat of weather tomorrow or Friday in Charotte, but to free up the area for folks coming through, as well as emergency responders to get to where they are going.

I understand it’s a minor inconvenience to have to keep your kids, but for the 1M folks expected to evacuate, many to the north and through Charlotte, It makes logical sense to keep people off the road who don’t need to be there.

Going to my mom’s in Winston. At least catch the game tomorrow and we should be good there. Might be here a while, but got my work with me so i can help folks in the Lowcountry file claims once the storm gets through.

If you are coming north from the coastal area in South Carolina then you are almost certainly going through or near Charlotte. I am almost positive that the cancellation of school is not due to the actual threat of weather tomorrow or Friday in Charotte, but to free up the area for folks coming through, as well as emergency responders to get to where they are going.

I understand it’s a minor inconvenience to have to keep your kids, but for the 1M folks expected to evacuate, many to the north and through Charlotte, It makes logical sense to keep people off the road who don’t need to be there.

Is this serious? We are cancellng school because there might be traffic? Even if that was a valid reason, which it isn't, it doesn't make any sense under the curcumstances. Evacuees would be on 77 and 485, very few school buses use those highways. Park Road isn't on the evacuation route. Should we start cancelling school on Mondays or Thursdays when the Panthers have home games? I guaranty those generate more traffic. Howabout during race week? The Greek Festival? Restaurant week?

No, you are canceling school because there will be massive amounts of traffic, and most people understand the well being of the masses is worth missing a couple of days of school; but I’m not going to have this conversation again with you.

Call the city and ask them why they cancelled school.

The only thing consistent about any of these models over the past few days is that Wilmington is going to get absolutely wrecked. Thats going to be some apocalyptic shit. I hope every last person got the hell out of there.

The only thing consistent about any of these models over the past few days is that Wilmington is going to get absolutely wrecked. Thats going to be some apocalyptic shit. I hope every last person got the hell out of there.

A friend of mine just closed on a house in aptly named Waterford, just outside Wilmington. The development has canals all around and a tidal pool. Of course, his home is next to the tidal pond. Pretty sure he's fucked.

Just ain't his day

A friend of mine just closed on a house in aptly named Waterford, just outside Wilmington. The development has canals all around and a tidal pool. Of course, his home is next to the tidal pond. Pretty sure he's fucked.

Just ain't his day
How quickly does their home insurance kick in?

How quickly does their home insurance kick in?

If they assumed the flood insurance they should be fine, but there is a 30 day standard waiting period with a policy through FEMA. We didn’t have binding authority for new business period from Monday on in SC, so I assume NC was the same way.

Hopefully they had the home insurance bound already as a requirement for their mortgage, but they really need flood insurance.

Is this serious? We are cancellng school because there might be traffic? Even if that was a valid reason, which it isn't, it doesn't make any sense under the curcumstances. Evacuees would be on 77 and 485, very few school buses use those highways. Park Road isn't on the evacuation route. Should we start cancelling school on Mondays or Thursdays when the Panthers have home games? I guaranty those generate more traffic. Howabout during race week? The Greek Festival? Restaurant week?

Are you comaining just to complain? Seems kind of like it. Or ignoring what some have said? Aside from the traffic and logistic issues, CMS high schools are being used for evacuee shelters: North Meck, East Meck, South Meck, Olympic, etc. More may be used as needed, as people come in, because the storm is unpredictable thus far. Those school shelters will be staffed by Red Cross, EMS, Police, etc that night draw from other schools and places too. Read more here about why they made their decision:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/charlo.../hurricane-florence-update/10155829235845954/

I Know several people in Wilmington who were, as of yesterday, staying put. I really hope they change their minds.

Yeah but 2&2 will have to figure out how to entertain his damn wiener kids for a days.

They're cancelling school because it's a school board election year, in Forsyth Co. at least.

Are you comaining just to complain? Seems kind of like it. Or ignoring what some have said? Aside from the traffic and logistic issues, CMS high schools are being used for evacuee shelters: North Meck, East Meck, South Meck, Olympic, etc. More may be used as needed, as people come in, because the storm is unpredictable thus far. Those school shelters will be staffed by Red Cross, EMS, Police, etc that night draw from other schools and places too. Read more here about why they made their decision:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/charlo.../hurricane-florence-update/10155829235845954/

I Know several people in Wilmington who were, as of yesterday, staying put. I really hope they change their minds.

So 5 schools are being used as shelters, that's great. Why are the other 165 schools in CMS closing for 2 days several days before the rain arrives here?

If they assumed the flood insurance they should be fine, but there is a 30 day standard waiting period with a policy through FEMA. We didn’t have binding authority for new business period from Monday on in SC, so I assume NC was the same way.

Hopefully they had the home insurance bound already as a requirement for their mortgage, but they really need flood insurance.

The waiting period is usually waived on a home-closing, though

Back