• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Flagstaff has started hot with a 2-0 start over Utica and Joplin. Don't think either are anything special but we had relatively easy wins in both. Probably my most balanced game of the season so far as we knocked off Joplin 91-73. Was lead by my "Big 3" at SG, SF, and PF, as each chipped in 22+ points on a total of 67% shooting. Going to win a lot of games if that keeps up. Little known sophomore C Alexander Farmer was probably the biggest surprise of the game sporting a 8 points/9boards/8assist/5blocks performance that we haven't seen out of him yet. He can do everything but score so I hope he keeps it up. While I think he's probably better suited as a point forward at the SF spot he's our best bet at C this season so hope he keeps it up .

Up next is a step up in talent against a solid looking Ocala team coming off an OT loss. Hope we are ready.

I may have made a mistake in recruiting... My assumption was we'd not be a winning team but we've started 2-0.

Amarillo Nightmare 58
Santa Ana Thrill 47

The real difference in the game was they out fouled and out turnovered us allowing us 5 more baskets.

Sticking to my maxes though as the two bigs are impact based and I have only 1 player on next season's roster in their height window.

Durham won 80-11. Yes, that is right - eleven points. Checked out Ft Worth, and they are apparently trying to lose big or see how few points they can score. So those in C25 can look forward to that game. I would think that owner is probably not dedicated to play long term though.

A few notes from my analyses of the spreadsheets.

Each attribute has 15 categories. Exc, Good, Fair, Poor, and None each have a + and -. This is a major change from the last iteration which only had 10 or 11. Based on Exc scouted players, each attribute is normally distributed. The mean is between 8 and 9 (Fair and Fair+) with a standard deviation of 2 to 2.5 levels. That means about 68% of players are around Poor to Good in each category and very few players are None/None- or Exc/Exc+.

What is particularly fascinating about this is that attributes are normally distributed within position, meaning a PG has about the same likelihood of being rated Exc- or better at rebounding as a C.

The other big finding is the Scout variable truly matters. When predicting ratings based on stats, the R-squared (a measure of model fit) for Exc Scout player is quite high and it gets lower for Good, Fair, and Poor. Shooting has the highest R-squared and Athleticism has the lowest, meaning it's the toughest to predict based on stats.

Good stuff, ph, though I should point out that Exc scouted ratings seem to have more fluctuation than they used to.

yes exc scouted players can drop (i have not had one go up).

ok San Antonio maxes

colby melanson 24
spencer carver 24
raymond rose 24

will do one more, not sure who

Durham won 80-11. Yes, that is right - eleven points. Checked out Ft Worth, and they are apparently trying to lose big or see how few points they can score. So those in C25 can look forward to that game. I would think that owner is probably not dedicated to play long term though.

:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for the input on recruiting and "Scout" guys. I appreciate it.

Put in 31 Biles and 13 Oliver as my last two maxes (along w/ 26 Boucher and 21 Garey), though I have a couple fallbacks if any of them get more attention than I want and I have time/remember to make a change tomorrow.

It's a good thing Stillwater was never going to do anything this season - a couple of pretty rough losses to start things out. Game 1, they tie it up with 17 seconds left, we turn it over at :05 and foul them at the buzzer. The free throws give them a two point win. Game 2, despite 0-11 from 3 and 20 to's, we tie it up w/ :05 left and an and-1 gives us a chance to take the lead. My sg bricks the free throw and we foul them w/ :02 left. They hit 1 of 2 to win by one.

On the whole, I feel like the stats are much more random in the updated version. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it take some getting used to and makes it especially difficult to sort out these teams where we don't have past seasons as a baseline.

Durham is maxing four to start:

Darrien Janicki r21
David Simmons r22
Julius Hemphill r25
Tanner Strong r30

awaken, I don't think we're crossing swords this cycle. I lost most of my notes from last night, but those names don't look familiar.

I'll post my top 10 ranked recruits tonight.

So +8 Nikolas Pribble is going to go under-recruitied bc everyone is skeered of him? #Imskeeredtoo

So +8 Nikolas Pribble is going to go under-recruitied bc everyone is skeered of him? #Imskeeredtoo

He's a +8 big with Fair+ Win and None Impact. And everybody is looking to make a splash in their first season. There are going to be a ton of teams on him. I'm going to go for some sleepers myself and just try to boost my talent level. I've got some pretty worthless players.

Back