• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Durham is maxing four to start:

Darrien Janicki r21
David Simmons r22
Julius Hemphill r25
Tanner Strong r30

What no Pribble! :)

I think we're all in, but if not there are only TWO spots remaining in League 31. So it's now or never...

What no Pribble! :)

I think we're all in, but if not there are only TWO spots remaining in League 31. So it's now or never...

Touche'. I have a pretty decent team - starters at least - so I am looking to replace my one starting senior and hopefully upgrade my two coming off the bench. While Pribble obviously helps anybody, I don't need a big hit on a long shot to improve my team. But you guys should, of course. :thumbsup:

This league is too full IMHO. This is a zero sum game, and losing coaches will quit. It is an interesting question to think about what percentage of human coaches maintains maximum interest/least defection.

I just hope that he has something in place to purge inactive coaches (say, 2 seasons without actions? that's ~4 mos of real time). The worst part of the game originally was those teams that were withering away with old coaches. At least the CPU can occasionally put together an average team by accident.

Did absent coaches recruit differently than cpu coaches? I thought both recruited the first handful of players in-conference with favorable prefs, regardless of ability. That said, I think cpu recruiting could be improved. You want them competitive, but not so good they drive out/out-recruit human coaches, or let human coaches have the cpu recruit for them.

If I were kmoney, I'd get L32 up soon and let about half of L31 transfer over there.

Did absent coaches recruit differently than cpu coaches? I thought both recruited the first handful of players in-conference with favorable prefs, regardless of ability. That said, I think cpu recruiting could be improved. You want them competitive, but not so good they drive out/out-recruit human coaches, or let human coaches have the cpu recruit for them.

If I were kmoney, I'd get L32 up soon and let about half of L31 transfer over there.
Absent coaches take all walk-ons at this point.

Absent coaches take all walk-ons at this point.

I'm pretty sure the CPU would recruit for absent coaches if they didn't do anything by the first recruiting day. It's been a while though and honestly with so few leagues, I don't think this will be an issue.

Auto-recruiting (remember the check box you could check, or that got automatically checked after a while?) doesn't exist anymore, though.

Auto-recruiting sucked because it didn't recruit like human recruit. If the CPU set 3 maxes and made a net with the rest, it would be fine.

For those who have t-* teams that you have left for L31, check out how the cpu recruited for you today. I'm still recruiting there. I am one of three active coaches in the test league, and I still can't win a natty. smh.

What time does the game run? I thought it was 6:00. I still had some players to put on my net. Oh well.

As expected, Nicolas Pribble is the #1 most recruited player. Two of my maxes are top 10 (Connor Smith, Isaiah Lane).

My two leading scores fouled out and played less than 16 min. Shit show of a Game 3.

Stillwater falls to 0-3. Shifted the lineup around a bit which didn't work out great- got beat up on the glass and had an off shooting night. At least no blowouts yet.

Most recruited:
Oliver #12
Boucher #40
Biles #65
Garey UR

About what I expected, though I was hoping Biles or Boucher might slip through without too much attention. If Garey pops I may consider dropping Boucher but planning on staying on all four for now. Lost a few netters but not too bad.

I really did screw the pouch in recruiting...

Amarillo Nightmare 115
Wheeling Stingers 112

3-0 meaning we're likely to be a winning team and I went the other way. Oh well.

As to my maxes:
Juan Flores (2)
Frank Riddle (31)
Connor Smith (8)
Hugh Maly NR

My net was a mixed bag 8 Ranked, 8 NR.

Curious to see how these move on Monday.

Is there still a Saturday recruiting update?

The pratacies run on saturdays so actions will be processed today for the new week. Also, games run at 5est now I believe.

Just to confirm the rankings have changed for a few of my players today as compared to Friday so recruiting does appear to update on Saturdays still.

Think i'm going to use a little different strategy this time for recruiting. Max 3, an then get a much smaller net up to like 20 RP's. No clue if it will pay off and i'm not crazy about my maxes. Not fun when you have to replace your starting PG, SG, and SF who are easily the best 3 players on my team in the first season..... Maxes will be:

Christian Horst c31
Hector Carlisle c31
Samuel Perry c32

Really like some of the PG options I overlooked that i'll be netting so hope those guys come in lightly recruited.

Nice little Saturday update for me as Horst remains NR while Perry went from ranked in the 60's to NR. Think both should be small ties at the worst. My Net looks okay with only 3 of 12 guys ranked, so hopefully a few options there as well. Landing some talent to replace my really good departing senior class is a must so really hope I can find a CL on Horst or Perry :eek:hnoes:

We my seat in San Antonio is getting a little hot already. The fans are not happy that we lost our first three games, all very close. They were all winnable games but the games just slipped away... Local newsrags are calling me the Bzzz of C24. just cruel

conference games start today and i start off against the team that was stole from me as i waited to change teams. they are solid and should beat me. eventually i will find the right fit for this team (players/positions/playing time), but until then i will struggle.

Our maxes are Ok.

Colby Melanson NL - know 1 other max
Spencer Carver top25
Raymond Rose NL
Andrew Williams top20

i will most likely drop a guy, i think. it will be hard to decide between, i need so much help with this team.

Well the Amarillo team I expected finally showed up in a 12 point loss...

Arlington Chinchillas 88
Amarillo Nightmare 76

Incredibly, we went 29 for 73... And despite me turning guys way down on 3s, we took 16 of them hitting only 25%. Next up 4-0 Cheyenne Villains who on paper should be a weaker team...

Back