• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit FF League: BRASKYSPRINK wins it all!!

So the HUGE league last year was a major success - even though everyone was skeptical, it was fun to have such a huge league.

So I think we're gonna do it again this year.

I'm trying to remember who was in it last year, and here's my list:

1. HTTD
2. DF2009
3. Waldo
4. Nonny
5. RTQ
6. AWAR
7. Team America (?)
8. PhysDeac
9. Rideac
10. Numbers (?)
11. Cookout
12. Townie
13. Ellis
14. IrishAnglerDan
15. Cav
16. ILDeac(?)
17. Doofus (?)
18. Juice
19. Buckets
20. SteelCity (?)

People who want in if room:
Raleigh
Rubbins
Sprinkles
Eaglez
iodeac
redwing

I know I forgot people. If anyone can log in and PM me the standings, get them to me (i cant seem to get into yahoo right now). we discussed dividing it into A and B leagues, and moving the bottom 5 down and giving 5 new people a chance.

How about this... if you're interested in a MASSIVE FF league, discuss it on this thread. We'll figure out who was in it last year, how we wanna do it, etc.

Woah bro that's my real name!!!!!!!!!!!!

will someone just confirm for me that WFRW was TEAM AMERICA? Thats the only original participant that I can't figure out.

Wait, Nonny was Team America in the final standings. And WFRW was Real Dream Team. Nonny changed his name weekly, which made things a little confusing.

AnonymousDeac = Team America
WFRoadWarrior = Real Dream Team
RollTheQuad06 = RTQ RULZ
TWDeac = crying emo kids
HailToTheDeacons = Bearded Clams
WFUWaldo = Gay for Palin
arbysdeac = NEVER SAY NO 2 PANDA
aWakeAndReady = Snookie's Nookie
PhysDeac = Pubic Lice
IrishAnglerDan = TakeMyTalents2SoBe
TownieDeac = Townie's Truck Stick
RideaculousUpside = Qatar Hero 3
ellisat2 = Free Masoli
wakeforest22890 = Haynesworth's Homies
DeaconCav06 = RJ's Revenge
SteelCityDeac = Bye Week
Juicekthx = Juicey & the Rippers
DeacFan2009 = Presbyterian
deacsfan27 = It's a Vick in a Box
FreeknDeacon = Clausen's Creek

Last edited:
Catching up now.

WFRW hasn't posted on DS since April 4th, so I doubt a PM would work. Unless someone else has a way of contacting him to see if he is interested in joining again, I think we'll have to go without him.

My opinion is that we keep the top league at 20 teams, as that's what made last year's league so different and awesome. If there is enough interest for a second league, I say do it with as many teams as we get and each year, the top 5 and bottom 5 teams switch.

For last year, that means SCD, Freekn, Juice, doofus, and df2009 would be relegated. And I believe most of those players weren't even that active throughout the whole season so I think that is fair.

Not sure how to decide who gets their spots this year, though. As well, we have to decide what to do with the open slots for people who aren't playing again this year.

Catching up now.

WFRW hasn't posted on DS since April 4th, so I doubt a PM would work. Unless someone else has a way of contacting him to see if he is interested in joining again, I think we'll have to go without him.

My opinion is that we keep the top league at 20 teams, as that's what made last year's league so different and awesome. If there is enough interest for a second league, I say do it with as many teams as we get and each year, the top 5 and bottom 5 teams switch.

For last year, that means SCD, Freekn, Juice, doofus, and df2009 would be relegated. And I believe most of those players weren't even that active throughout the whole season so I think that is fair.

Not sure how to decide who gets their spots this year, though. As well, we have to decide what to do with the open slots for people who aren't playing again this year.

I'm in. Though in my defense, I was active all year, albeit terrible. Having to work during the draft hurt a lot, too.

I'm in. Though in my defense, I was active all year, albeit terrible. Having to work during the draft hurt a lot, too.

Yeah, that's another thing. I don't know how to check this but I definitely think value should be placed on people who were active all year and sucked vs people who were never active but still lucked into a few extra wins.

It would probably be a lot easier to promote the top 2, 4, or 6. Not sure how you would be able to isolate the top 5 unless you have a really unusual playoff structure.

It would probably be a lot easier to promote the top 2, 4, or 6. Not sure how you would be able to isolate the top 5 unless you have a really unusual playoff structure.

I was thinking about this. I think the 4 in the semifinals should be promoted, as well as the person with the best regular season record outside those 4.

Would really suck to dominate your league and have a guy get hurt in the first week of playoffs or something and have that keep you from being promoted.

The league last year isolated the top 8.

Match 1: Regular season 1st vs. 8th
Match 2: 4th vs. 5th
Match 3: 3rd vs. 6th
Match 4: 2nd vs. 7th
Match 5: Winner Match 1 vs. Winner Match 2
Match 6: Winner Match 3 vs. Winner Match 4
Match 7: Loser Match 1 vs. Loser Match 2
Match 8: Loser Match 3 vs. Loser Match 4

7th Place Match: Loser Match 7 vs. Loser Match 8
5th Place Match: Winner Match 7 vs. Winner Match 8
3rd Place Match: Loser Match 5 vs. Loser Match 6
Championship: Winner Match 5 vs. Winner Match 6

The remaining teams (9-20) were ranked based on record and points scored in the regular season.

NEED TO HEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING FOLKS:
DeacFan2009
WFUWaldo
RollTheQuad06
WFRW
Cookout (OUT)
IrishAnglerDan
TWDeac (IN)
Juice
Buckets (OUT)
SteelCitydeac

Last edited: