• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Players Talk [Redacted]

These guys are LOWF. They don't know what they don't know. I'd we get someone charismatic like Shaka their heads are going to spin. I can't wait to actually get some potential out of these guys, whomever stays.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

“He was our leader throughout the thick and thin. I mean we had our ups and downs this year, but we stuck with him, and he stuck with us, and I mean, it’s hard because I have so much respect for him to be able to step away and say ‘There’s so much negativity that it’s hurting my guys. There’s so much negativity toward Jeff [Redacted] that it’s taking away from you guys and from Wake Forest University.’

We did it!

I mean, those quotes don't really sound like the guys are absolutely devastated. I'm sure there's a fondness and respect at some level, but if the intention was to show a room full of heartbroken players... that's not the feel I got from those quotes.
I do wonder what extent of whatever sadness the players feel is due to [Redacted]'s departure, and what extent is due to the likely departure of Battle, Rusty, and Chill.

Has a change in coaching ever brought on this ungodly amount of sadness to any team before?

Fucking participation trophy generation.

Give Devin and Cav a real coach, and the sky's the limit. I'm pissed that half of their eligibility was wasted, but hope they realize that with a good new coach, they can be so much more.

Give the players a break. None of this is their fault. They're smart not to badmouth their former coach in the press. I hope they get awesome coaching next year so they can see what they've been missing.

Give the players a break. None of this is their fault. They're smart not to badmouth their former coach in the press. I hope they get awesome coaching next year so they can see what they've been missing.

But If they're serious they're just not too smart

Eta: in the age of mid majors in the FF. They'd have to be brain dead to not know something had to change when their high major, greatest conference in all of CBB coach couldn't finish above the middle of the conf.

Since when is everything people say in the press exactly how they feel? All news would be a lot more interesting if that was the case.

All our kids are going to be so much happier in a month when their new coach meets with them and talks about their future and going to the dance their senior year. It's going to be okay.

We should redact every document that acknowledges "the coach who will no longer be named" four years here. I don't hate him, I just don't want to spend one more second of my life hearing, discussing, or thinking about that guy ever again.

Wake seems to be investing a lot of PR effort into building up a coach who is now gone.

Back