• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Players Talk [Redacted]

I am bothered by the team vs the fans mentality that is apparent in those comments

Do you mean the "fans" that were openly pulling for the team to lose? Hate Bz, Boo Bz, Curse Bz, pull against the team, roll the quad, cheer the firing, do whatever. It your right as a fan. The thing I haven't understood the past 4 years is things people have said and done and then get mad when the coaches and players don't kiss their ring. You can't just say and do whatever you want and then expect the other person to smile, say thank you and pat you on the back

The thing I haven't understood the past 4 years is things that Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] have said and done and then gotten mad when the fans put up billboards and didn't show up to games. You can't just say and do whatever you want and then expect the other person to smile, say thank you and keep giving to the Deacon Club
Fify

Much ado about nothing. So a couple of players said some nice things about Buzz. Big deal. I'm as Buzzout as it gets, but I don't have a problem with that story at all. It won't mean a thing when a new coach is hired.

Do you mean the "fans" that were openly pulling for the team to lose? Hate Bz, Boo Bz, Curse Bz, pull against the team, roll the quad, cheer the firing, do whatever. It your right as a fan. The thing I haven't understood the past 4 years is things people have said and done and then get mad when the coaches and players don't kiss their ring. You can't just say and do whatever you want and then expect the other person to smile, say thank you and pat you on the back

Fify. "The thing I haven't understood the past 4 years is things that Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] have said and done and then gotten mad when the fans put up billboards and didn't show up to games. You can't just say and do whatever you want and then expect the other person to smile, say thank you and keep giving to the Deacon Club"

@MDMH - Well done!

Wake Forest's goal, every season for every team we field, needs to be winning a national championship, not winning two conference games on the road. If being 17-16 and winning two conference games on the road is their goal in life, I don't judge them for it, but I can acknowledge without rancor that they need to leave.

I disagree that the main problem is gone. The main problem is Ron Wellman. Having the volleyball team (wtf?) un-roll the quad was open defiance of the fanbase. Ron giving Bzz 2 weeks to resign, and then blaming the negative atmosphere (the fans) for his resignation is open defiance of the fanbase. This isn't the University of Ron Wellman, and until Wellman and the AD show some fucking respect to the fanbase there is going to be a problem.
Oh for Christ sake....

Oh for Christ sake....

Since you're so in tune with the school, why don't you tell me when the last time was that student athletes cleaned up the quad after it was rolled? Last time I checked, facilities was perfectly capable of doing it, the same as they've been doing for 30 or 40 years. You're blind or dumb if you think the current rift between athletes and fans isn't being perpetuated by the Athletic dept. I find it fucking insulting that Wellman is deflecting his criticism onto the student athletes, because Ron Wellman is not an athlete, or an alumnus, he is a highly compensated employee, his affiliation runs about as deep as his paycheck spends.

Since you're so in tune with the school, why don't you tell me when the last time was that student athletes cleaned up the quad after it was rolled? Last time I checked, facilities was perfectly capable of doing it, the same as they've been doing for 30 or 40 years. You're blind or dumb if you think the current rift between athletes and fans isn't being perpetuated by the Athletic dept. I find it fucking insulting that Wellman is deflecting his criticism onto the student athletes, because Ron Wellman is not an athlete, or an alumnus, he is a highly compensated employee, his affiliation runs about as deep as his paycheck spends.

He's been at Wake Forest for 21 years and you make it sound like he's punching the clock at Target.

He's been at Wake Forest for 21 years and you make it sound like he's punching the clock at Target.
How long ago did he gain complete autonomy and stop giving a fuck about Wake Forest fans?

If anyone wants to transfer let 'em go. As long as Hatch and Wellman are in charge we are going to remain at or near the bottom of the ACC anyway.

Wow some of you still can't admit the team liked [Redacted]. Why is that so hard? He's gone now, which I would have thought makes it easier on you...

Players definitely did not appreciate the negativity either. Not a surprise.

If anyone wants to transfer let 'em go. As long as Hatch and Wellman are in charge we are going to remain at or near the bottom of the ACC anyway.

I love this fantasy that new coach is going to come in and take these players to the next level

The reason they are all distraught is they know the jig is up

Emperor has no clothes

Who was the AD when wake was no. 1 in the country?

The AD who fired the coach that got us to number 1 so he could replace him with Jeff [Redacted]. Brilliant hire Ron. Did you watch the recent press conference? How could anyone watch that and come away feeling good about Wellman. And we don't hear shit from that carpet bagger Hatch except to lecture the fans on the Wake Forest way. I get it, you're a Hatch/Wellman fan. I'm not.

I use to think PackPride was hilarious. We are leaving them in the dust. The administration is in full attack on the fans. The board is in full attack on the players. We even have posters arguing who should be cleaning up the quad.

This could be a reality show if some of you agree to let TruTv in your homes. We can call it Go To Hell Deacs!

Meh, let's see who the new coach is before saying something like that.

Wow some of you still can't admit the team liked [Redacted]. Why is that so hard? He's gone now, which I would have thought makes it easier on you...

Players definitely did not appreciate the negativity either. Not a surprise.

False, we're perfectly aware that many of the players like [Redacted], but if they can't extend their perspective past the locker room maybe they should move on with [Redacted].

Back