• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Please do not share banner company contact info with the media

You mean I shouldn't have written it on the men's room wall near the press box at Dodger Stadium yesterday?

so don't tell the media about:

Justin Maynard
Sales Executive
AirSign – Outdoor & Aerial Advertising
12 NW 5th place
Williston, FL 32696

No problem.

Quoting because of importance.

Go get a hobby, stop supporting Wake Athletics..

Many have...that's sort of the issue. I absolutely support the banner (and ads and billboard) while thinking the way it's been handled is a complete mess. Give me a break with this "don't distract the players and coaches" BS. It seems being embarrassed is about the best motivator Wake Forest sports has right now (reference: Clemson game, followed by State).

Last edited:
Says the guy hiding behind a banner flown by someone else? And a Billboard?

This shouldn't be done during football season. We have a chance to make a bowl game if we perform like we did this past Saturday. This would be a distraction to the coaches and players.

It appears just the threat of a banner helped in this task as we actually played well for once this season. Imagine if the banner actually flew, hell we might just beat Florida State.

It appears just the threat of a banner helped in this task as we actually played well for once this season. Imagine if the banner actually flew, hell we might just beat Florida State.

sound logic.

You dipshit Strattons need to take a page from RJ, it's been months and he still hasn't given up his toilet supplier. Now that's a man who won't get fooled into putting incriminating personal information out on the web.

I don't get the banners, billboards, and ads in paper then? Just let it go...

I don't give up that easily. Unlike the people currently stealing money from Wake Forest while failing miserably at their jobs, I have a lifelong connection to the school and always will. I don't walk away from the shit...I just want the shit to be cleaned up.

You mean I shouldn't have written it on the men's room wall near the press box at Dodger Stadium yesterday?

So you're the guy who leaves those messages in bathroom stalls?

I don't get the banners, billboards, and ads in paper then? Just let it go...

Letting it go might be the best way to get Wellman fired. No wait, he'll just claim we sold 18,000 tickets to invisible patrons.

I don't give up that easily. Unlike the people currently stealing money from Wake Forest while failing miserably at their jobs, I have a lifelong connection to the school and always will. I don't walk away from the shit...I just want the shit to be cleaned up.

I feel like it eventually will be. I do feel like its taking longer than it should, like the rest of you. I just don't see how a banner will change any of that. I'd rather focus all my effort on the coaches and athletes I know are pouring their lives into winning, and sacrificing having a healthy family life for a school that you love as well. It definitely is a results based business and its frustrating to see a once proud basketball program lose some terrible games. I think the devotion of our AD, misguided or not, to guys he's hired, in general, is a good thing. It shows whoever is next in line, and there will always be a next in line, that at Wake Forest, we don't make impulse decisions. We give you every opportunity in the world to succeed with completely your recruits and your system. and then if you do not succeed, we make a change.

I feel like it eventually will be. I do feel like its taking longer than it should, like the rest of you. I just don't see how a banner will change any of that. I'd rather focus all my effort on the coaches and athletes I know are pouring their lives into winning, and sacrificing having a healthy family life for a school that you love as well. It definitely is a results based business and its frustrating to see a once proud basketball program lose some terrible games. I think the devotion of our AD, misguided or not, to guys he's hired, in general, is a good thing. It shows whoever is next in line, and there will always be a next in line, that at Wake Forest, we don't make impulse decisions. We give you every opportunity in the world to succeed with completely your recruits and your system. and then if you do not succeed, we make a change.

I agree with everything you have said up to the bolded part. That is what needs to change. Changes have to made if success is not had after a reasonable period of time. That is not occurring right now in the AD. Failure is being accepted over and over again before accountability is demanded.

I think the real questions are this:

What banners are so inflammatory as to cause someone to point a gun at a pilot?
How often is this occurring?
Does it ever escalate to the point where someone jumps onto the wing during takeoff then tries to walk the wings to point at the pilot?
Can we create a banner that would make Bzzz point a gun at a pilot???

I agree with everything you have said up to the bolded part. That is what needs to change. Changes have to made if success is not had after a reasonable period of time. That is not occurring right now in the AD. Failure is being accepted over and over again before accountability is demanded.

I guess without knowing fully what went on with Dino's teams, versus Bzzdelik's teams, character, recruiting violations?, etc., its hard for me to think I know when a "reasonable period of time" is. I personally would love to see a new leader. However, I think its ignorant for me to think I know better than Wellman, seeing as he knows the whole story and I don't. And I think its childish to put up banners and walk around with pitchforks till I get my way. I know Mr. Wellman and think he's an awesome guy, husband, and father. I believe that carries over to his job, work ethic, and love for the university. He's picked some great coaches across all our athletic programs, and I am proud to support whoever is leading our teams.

We had some 2-3 great wins last year in basketball. Winning a game, pretty dominantly, against a good Football team in NC State, after losing by 45 says a lot about our team's character, something that may come from our coaches. I don't see it as bad as everyone else either, I suppose.

Back