• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction: two more Bz years; Rusty as coach in waiting.

jhmd2000

Unacceptably correct
Reaction score
Wellman's master plan has always had Bz building the culture and foundation. Rusty, the archetypal Deacon scholar-athlete learns at the feet of Bz's mentorship, and takes over and Ron retires the day after Rusty's first team makes the NCAA. I assume his only job after the Clawson hire is procuring the granite for his own statue in front of the Joel and picking the font for the enscription on "Jeff [Redacted] Court."

If that happens it won't matter to me as I will long since have given up on Wake hoops..

I definitely believe this was Wellman's plan from the beginning. Maybe not necessarily Rusty, perhaps Randolph or even Battle. It's also one reason Buzz was giving a little longer leash. But at this point, Buzz is going to have to win about 4 or 5 of the last 8 to stay I believe. That GaTech loss was a backbreaker.

aww hell naww! I envision a shit storm of biblical proportions if that happens

I definitely believe this was Wellman's plan from the beginning. Maybe not necessarily Rusty, perhaps Randolph or even Battle. It's also one reason Buzz was giving a little longer leash. But at this point, Buzz is going to have to win about 4 or 5 of the last 8 to stay I believe. That GaTech loss was a backbreaker.
LOL. No.

I've been posting the Rusty as coach-in-waiting stuff since Rusty was hired. Pretty clear that he's Wellman's guy and if things weren't completely dreadful I'm convinced Rusty would be the guy.

Of course, jhmd realizes that was the plan after it's hard to see it happening.

I want Gregg Marshall to come take a giant dump in Bz'a front yard and fire him himself.

No way. Wellman took a ridiculous risk on Bz but knew at a minimum Bz would "fix" whatever Wellman thought was wrong with program (heaven's yes), and at a max, would be Stevens...not happening leading to current silence. He's gone. My guess is one of the two, Rusty or Chill, will be hired by the new coach. They will try to move the other into an administrative position and back into coaching if the new coach likes the idea. The other coaches will be gone. JMHO.

You guys don't understand: beating Carolina and State and the false idol of recruiting combine to punch Bz's dance card for 2014-2015. The only question left is who gets the unenviable task of filling Bz's shoes as his successor and when. I predict Larue after two more full seasons.

What, you think Hatch is going to fix it? The BOT? What---at this point---would make you think that happens?

JHMD, you come at the king, you best not miss

signed,

z114002065.jpg

we're hiring Duncan in 2 years after he retires.

he's bringing Pop as an asst, maybe Avery Johnson too.

Who makes the worse predictions: this guy or SoCal?

You guys don't understand: beating Carolina and State and the false idol of recruiting combine to punch Bz's dance card for 2014-2015.
When was the last time Wellman actually showed strong support for Bz? It's been quite a while.

Back