• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction: two more Bz years; Rusty as coach in waiting.

Wake is 99 in KenPom. More than two teams secure automatic bids anyways. Last year ten teams made it. So that already bumps it down to top 70 teams.

Wake will likely end up with 16 or 17 wins and then beat VPI in the first round of the ACCT. Second round would put us up against State or Maryland so who knows how that would go (tossup). We'll probably be something like 18-14 and not sniff the NIT IMO.

The 2008 team didn't make the NIT with a 7-9 conference record and better wins (Duke, BYU, Miami) that this team will offer the NIT committee. Duke and BYU were top-25 RPI victories and Miami was top-50. This team likely will end up with one top-50 win (UNC).

As much as fans wanted him to be fired after 2 or 3 years, it wasn't likely. Wellman had just made the move with Gaudio which tied his hands. Because he acted rashly with a coach that won, we were stuck being patient with a stinker.
I thought you weren't buying into any of my arguments?

That dynamic made a quick hook very unlikely, and some form of a "cleanup" whatever that meant to Wellman gave Bz a longer leash. He wasn't going to pull the plug until Bz got his chance with his players.

The 2008 team didn't make the NIT with a 7-9 conference record and better wins (Duke, BYU, Miami) that this team will offer the NIT committee. Duke and BYU were top-25 RPI victories and Miami was top-50. This team likely will end up with one top-50 win (UNC).

The 2008 team got hosed from a NIT bid.

I thought you weren't buying into any of my arguments?

That dynamic made a quick hook very unlikely, and some form of a "cleanup" whatever that meant to Wellman gave Bz a longer leash. He wasn't going to pull the plug until Bz got his chance with his players.

I think it is a dumb reason to keep a bad coach.

Yeah...and we were like 68th or 69th that year in KP. That's not the end all be all (luck factor also comes in there as far as what the teams actual record is) but it's a pretty decent tool to figure out where you are relative to the bubble.

especially considering i think an argument could be made that ncaab in 2014>2008.

actually thinking about it that 2008 season was pretty well stocked as well.

Agreed, why is RPI even taken seriously anymore? It's complete shit.

Back